Seven pounds in seven weeks- any BITOGers up for the achievable challenge?

18F, I get the "see a doctor". But I know what the issue is. Poor selection of food and significantly reduced physical activity.
I eat healthy and have for quite some time now. Extremely rare that I eat any kind of junk food. No doubt it is the only reason I am the only male my age still alive that has not had clogged heart arteries and have diabetes. The ones not alive died from these issues.

With that said, I too used to run from 8 to 12 hours a day, sometimes more when I worked. I never ate during those hours.
Then I retired. *LOL* I still eat healthy but too much, even then, I have to cut down drastically the healthy stuff I always ate because the pounds started to pile on. Im working on that now.

Before retirement I was at a healthy to ever so slightly above my ideal BMI... now I am over but already as a reminder of a sibling having a personal struggle with a heart issue and treatments of what they can do for him are now running out.

It's sad, great guy, he now is accepting he might die as they are running out of options. He actually has an implanted triple purpose device controlling his heart rhythm with a back up shock device should it get out of control works the same as paddles but internal.
Funny thing is, you would never know it, he still golfs, plays pickle ball, bowls ... BUT the device also send reports to his doctors when something goes wrong, sometimes he doesnt feel it but just recently he got a call from them, his heart went into v-tach again but the implant paced him out of it.
Sadly it's now a downward spiral over time only so much can be done with heart tissue damage. Anyway, its a constant reminder and just the other day he complimented me from learning and acting based on what happened to our dad and now him.

What I am saying is I am no hero, in fact maybe a chicken. I took their issues seriously because I NEVER want to go through what they have gone through for decades. My dad at the time didnt not have the technology that my brother does, if he did, he would have made it past his 70th birthday.

I have posted this many times in here, if the story just motivates one person its worth it. Food is a drug, sugar is a drug, fat is a drug. You got get them out of your diet and near as you can to your BMI.
It's no fun having your heart beat stopped, your ribs cracked open, your heart taken out of your chest and with veins removed from your legs replacing the clogged ones on your heart. Then your heart put back into your chest, heart shocked to hopefully start beating again, wire your ribs closed. You just got a second chance in life, though leg veins are not as durable as OEM. It's only in the hospital bed and post-op depression when you wish to god you took diet more seriously. But we all are human.

Never mind diabetes effecting every organ in your body, slowly killing them, but with diabetes you can control it again with diet.

Ok, enough *LOL* Im REALLY passionate about the subject and I am completely human with my own struggles just a story about what keeps me motivated. SO far so good but my biggest concern is prostrate cancer. still being monitored, over the years a sky high PSA level of now 15, yet 3 MRIs and 3 biopsies still have not turned up cancer. Next up will be another round of MRI and Biopsy... if a follow up doesnt show what they expect from a drug I am taking in 5 more months.

@GON (I updated this)

Last edited:
Sure! Good idea GON.

I won’t lie. This will be easy for me. I’m on my way down from a all time high and probably have more to lose than you by the sounds of it.

I’m down 21lbs in 40days, from 263 to 242lbs. I don’t have any specific goal weight but when I was around 200-205 it seemed pretty healthy. I’m 6’ 3”.

• Love
Reactions: GON
If people know me my down fall is craft beer I have been enjoying to much and that's what I'm going to take care off.
Wow, we didn't know you drank beer with the diet regime you are so disciplined to. I read beer is not a good choice for staying lean.... But I suspect you drink a keto friendly craft beer......

Last week I lost 6 lbs in three days. Covid will do that to you.

Lose too much weight too fast and say goodbye to you gallbladder. It happens.

Bread is my #1 killer

I can forgo sweets, but put some good - real - bread in front of me and I start twitching.
Wife states some bread called Ezekial bread does not have "bad" carbs. I suspect a carb is a carb.....

And on an off-topic note, Facebook is now showing stories of high school students that wrestled at 98 lbs. Facebook wasted zero time reading my input from BITOG and worked to connect the dots. Not thrilled, but good to know what goes on at these social media sites.

And on an off-topic note, Facebook is now showing stories of high school students that wrestled at 98 lbs. Facebook wasted zero time reading my input from BITOG and worked to connect the dots. Not thrilled, but good to know what goes on at these social media sites.
The Facebook Container app will prevent Facebook from tracking what you do online by putting all Facebook traffic in it's own sandbox.

that is still a high carb bread...

Yep but if you're going to eat bread this is the one to get IMHO. No sugar, and the sprouted grains makes it easier to digest, the glycemic load is also less than highly processed bread.

Wow, we didn't know you drank beer with the diet regime you are so disciplined to. I read beer is not a good choice for staying lean.... But I suspect you drink a keto friendly craft beer......
No I drink big beers I’ve probably had 20 different Marzens or fest beers since the season has started.

I do and will be working out 6 days a week hope others will be working out also some shape or form that's how change really happens. I will be ridding amd lifting in general I always say strength training is most important first.
This was last night's ride indoor on Zwift .
Will repeat tonight
20230923_170550.jpg

Yep but if you're going to eat bread this is the one to get IMHO. No sugar, and the sprouted grains makes it easier to digest, the glycemic load is also less than highly processed bread.
I get the Lewis bakery five seed low carb bread at Walmart...

Once I got my CPAP earlier this year my anxiety ran rampant. The “benefit“was that I got off my butt and kept moving. My appetite also took a dive. I also started weight lifting, getting up to benching 70# dumbbells and curling 40s. Nothing compared to when I was young, but the best I’ve done in a decade+.

I went from a high of over 235# last year to 205#. Unfortunately, I had surgery in June and gained 10#+ back due to stress eating, even though I wasn’t usually hungry and didn’t really enjoy the snacking, as odd as that sounds. The lack of activity and depression eating were awful for me.

Now I’m back to eating very few snacks and being healthier - veggies, healthy proteins and fiber, and my key to losing weight, oatmeal. I actually don‘t Like oatmeal at all, but I add in some peanut or almond butter and raisins…delicious!

Best of luck! I hope the fitness becomes a habit afterwards after as well.

I always tell people I love working out so I can do one thing, eat more without buying new clothes.

Back