Sell OE wheels and replace with aftermarket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of staying with high quality wheels when swapping around, either from a good manufacture which will cost $$$ or from the original vehicle manufacture. I don't like Pepboy's chrome wheel slaps, junk.

Will the stock CTSV wheels fit the ATS?

A lot of times at least in the Mercedes world you can save a bundle by buying factory wheels because people do exactly what you want to do. Factory take offs even AMG's with good rubber might be $1k-$2k, while say BBS or Renntech new would be $4k-$6k+

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
I'm a big fan of staying with high quality wheels when swapping around, either from a good manufacture which will cost $$$ or from the original vehicle manufacture. I don't like Pepboy's chrome wheel slaps, junk.

Will the stock CTSV wheels fit the ATS?

A lot of times at least in the Mercedes world you can save a bundle by buying factory wheels because people do exactly what you want to do. Factory take offs even AMG's with good rubber might be $1k-$2k, while say BBS or Renntech new would be $4k-$6k+

True...knowing the bolt pattern/measurements and offset, you can look for compatible rims from other high end OEMs or OEM rim manufacturers....I did...got rims made by a supplier to Porsche that fit the Camry perfectly...

Last edited:
Forgot about other factory options.

OP could also research if there are other wheel options offered by Cadillac/GM. I would imagine the CTS,ATS,STS, XTS (inc V spec) are pretty much interchangeable.

Subaru owners do this often: Impreza owners upgrade to WRX factory rims, WRX owners upgrade to STI factory rims, etc.
I've had similar experience with Honda and Mazdas as well.

The CTS-V wheels used to be 6-lug, where the rest of the CTS world was 5-lug, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if that's still the case or not, but it's worth verifying first.

I replaced the steel wheels on my '07 Corolla with the allows from a Prius. Super light; only about 13 pounds each. The OEM alloy Corolla wheels were more like 17-18 pounds each. So yes, shop around with other OEM wheels to see what's out there.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
In a nutshell, you will have to pay significantly for aftermarket wheels of OEM quality. So many of them are now Chinese, and made of seemingly soft aluminum.

While I had my OE wheels out today and was cleaning them up in preparation to have them put back on tomorrow, I noticed that they were manufactured by Dicastal in China. And my OE wheels are an upgrade option, not just the standard/base wheel.

It doesn't necessarily surprise me and of course not all things made in China are of the same quality. I just found it interesting and thought I'd share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back