seized motor B&S

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's an Intek it should have a cast iron sleeve. I thought only the Powerbuilt ohv's were the only ones without a sleeve, I may be wrong though.

Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
If it's an Intek it should have a cast iron sleeve. I thought only the Powerbuilt ohv's were the only ones without a sleeve, I may be wrong though.

it,s an INTEC and it has no sleeve ,i opened and stripped the complete motor ..no bearings on the crankshaft or piston rod ..

That don't mean it doesn't have a iron cylinder liner.

I KNOW THE DIFFERANCE between IRON and ALUMINUM ..i posted the pictures of the motor that i took apart ,and believe me there was no steel or iron sleeve or liner !!!!!!!!

I'm not surprised an Intek 'snow' series engine doesn't have an iron cylinder liner. Your average snowblower does not see massive amounts of run time, nor was this heavy-duty unit.

Joel

Originally Posted By: browning300wsm
That don't mean it doesn't have a iron cylinder liner.

I KNOW THE DIFFERANCE between IRON and ALUMINUM ..i posted the pictures of the motor that i took apart ,and believe me there was no steel or iron sleeve or liner !!!!!!!!

Are you sure it doesnt have a liner? I think you better go look again!
LOL.gif
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: JTK
I'm not surprised an Intek 'snow' series engine doesn't have an iron cylinder liner. Your average snowblower does not see massive amounts of run time, nor was this heavy-duty unit.

Joel

Yeah that is true, I didn't realize they made a different intek for the snowblowers.

i installed a new B/S motor on the snowblower ,it came completely assembled ..i noticed that it does not have a throttle control,as soon as it starts the RPM is at the maximum ..works very well though...told my son in law to check the oil level every time ..i bought my self an ARIENS 11 HP x 30" wide bucket[engine model LH358SA ]..the TECUMSEH has a steel sleeve ,should last a long time .

NO i will not lend it to you know who !!!!!!!

Starting wide open seems to be the way these days.
Most mowers are like that. I'm not happy about it.
I am even more concerned about the snowblowers though.
Thick oil, 'frozen' metal, sounds like high wear.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Starting wide open seems to be the way these days.
Most mowers are like that. I'm not happy about it.
I am even more concerned about the snowblowers though.
Thick oil, 'frozen' metal, sounds like high wear.

i use MOBIL 1 [ 5 w 30 ] SYNTHETIC OIL.. motor base does not even hold 1 liter of oil so cost of oil will not break the bank ..

I use Mobil-1 0W-30.
That part works great.
My blower is 15 years old, runs like new now.
Had a plugged carb orofice last year. Fixed that and it's as good as new.
I don't worry about the cost of oil. More concerned with
the wear when started wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back