Schaeffers 9000 5-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schaeffer's makes excellent oils. I'd use it if I had access to it and needed a 5w-40.

cheers.gif

Oliver88. Did you see the temps go down or was this a new engine?
Have you looked at the bearings yet?

i had talked about it a liitle in the "racing engines/cars" section this summer...i did see lower temps and a quicker sppol up in RPM's.

engine has about 13,000 miles on it...all race miles. have not looked at the intermals since i bought it, but the insides of the valve covers were spotless.

Thanks. Not many are running this fluid in race cars... yet(5-50 is here too). I have had nothing but positive feedback from Schaeffers series #9000 5-40 from truckers, duramax owners and the powerstroke guys really love it.

You can add Cummins owners to the list of people that love S9000. My truck runs great (it always ran good but it's even better now), I gained almost 2 mpg consistently, exceleration has improved, etc, etc. I love the stuff. I have always been a diehard Schaeffer fan, but S9000 is the best yet.

I might add that this oil is very hard to come by. I called Mark (salesrep) on Saturday and tripped over the box on Tuesday. Honestly, I cannot think of a better oil to run and it is priced very well.

I have been runnning this oil for only a few days. I had been breaking my Cummins in on Delo. The truck is definitely running a bit cooler.

Dave

thanks for the replies, i have run it twice in a race car and did not get a chance to sample the second drain...it seemed to have done quite well the first time around.

I run Schaeffers 9000 in my 6.0 PSD. I should have a UOA on it around Feb. The truck runs great with it. It's a keeper.

i would add this this seems to be the right viscosity for Porsche 911 race engines...the M1 15w50 seemd to cost troque and horsepower and the car ran hotter....UOA was excellent. nothing wrong with using the M1, it just didn't seem to have the added bonus of less heat and engine responsiveness.

I just started to run Schaeffer's 7000 15w-40 on my 2001 Ford F-350 7.3L Powerstroke diesel and it runs great. It starts easier when its cold, has more power, runs smoother, and the engine is a quieter. You can't beat it for the price. I'm going to stick with Schaeffer's.

I just changed my oil and used Shaeffers 9000. I have been using M1. Must say that it is a little quieter than on my previous M1 changes. Weather has been a little warmer in TN but I am getting a little better mileage. If it keeps working this well, I will stick with it.

I'm trying to decide between the 15w40 and 5w40 from Schaeffers to run in my 2005 LLY Duramax.

All the positive comments about the 5w40 in the newer trucks really make me want to give it a try.

I only have 3500 miles on the truck. Is this too soon to start using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back