Salvage in Reno, NV....Title "unrepairable" 2022 HAUL ENCLOSED Trailer with roof off

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Enclosed trailers are crazy expensive, really crazy. Easily double what they were selling for just four years ago. it is hard to find a deal.

Here might be a opportunity for a rare few to own a later model enclosed trailer.
CONS include:
-trailer title is branded unrepearable- there are a handful or workarounds for this- but still a hassle
- damage to roof- but also looks like possible left side damage
- loys of unseasonable rain in Reno, interior got drenched

Pros include:
- roof needs to be functional- cosmetics of roof not as important
-trailer is a name brand
-trailer appears not to have been exposed to salt
-price may be ok

Buy it now is $2900, last week Buy it Now was $3,000, must be a dealer to purchase or higher a broker to buy for a individual. Not selling implies damage is not as easy to fix as a visible might imply.

36584923_1_I.jpeg
36584923_2_I.jpeg
36584923_3_I.jpeg
36584923_5_I.jpeg
36584923_6_I.jpeg
36584923_7_I.jpeg
36584923_8_I.jpeg
36584923_10_I.jpeg
36584923_11_I.jpeg
36584923_12_I.jpeg

As you say, unless there is something that the pictures really don't tell, it really does seem to be quite doable. Replace all the roof crossmembers, replace roof plywood, and new aluminum sheathing. It seems the most detailed part would be sealing the new roof to the walls, so it not only looks nice, but is also weatherproof. That, and making sure the fitment around the rear door is good.

I was looking for a dent in the shape of a person. Maybe it was just a lot of snow though.

One wall is kinked in that's a bit of a complication. From the pictures it looks like the side and back doors are still square and close properly. Also it's likely the type of OSB that does not fall apart if it gets wet a few times.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: GON
Just a closing update. Trailer was to go to auction this morning. Trailer was purchased at a buy it now preventing the auction. Almost $4,000 USD out the door. The trailer will require attention prior to transferring off the salvage lot, which is a cost of time and likely money.

This thread should give an example of the current market of enclosed trailersm this trailer new would have sold for about $4,000 USD on 2019 from a dealer that was discounting trailers.

Just a closing update. Trailer was to go to auction this morning. Trailer was purchased at a buy it now preventing the auction. Almost $4,000 USD out the door. The trailer will require attention prior to transferring off the salvage lot, which is a cost of time and likely money.

This thread should give an example of the current market of enclosed trailersm this trailer new would have sold for about $4,000 USD on 2019 from a dealer that was discounting trailers.
From your research, how much would you expect this same trailer, undamaged, to sell for in today's market?

From your research, how much would you expect this same trailer, undamaged, to sell for in today's market?
New, $7,000+, used $5,800+. Remember this is a Hallmark, not a trailer made in Georgia. Not saying haulmark doesn't cut corners, they most definitely do. It is also important to note the transportation of trailers too dealers lot, especially larger trailers that a hotshot tows, has never been higher. If a hotshot is getting $2 a mile and the trailer factory is 1600 miles away...... ouch......

I sold three trailers in the past 24 months and felt like I was exploiting the market. I was moving 2500 miles, so thought I would sell them at a premium, and rebuy them at my new destination 2500 miles away. Boy oh boy was I wrong. I have been looking to replace at least two of the three trailers I sold, and can't get anywhere near the price I sold those three trailers for. I most regret selling my aluma mc210 little utility trailer with a ramp. I paid I think $2200 new for it, sold it for $2500 used, and replacement costs today out the door before taxes are over 4k.

Back