SAFE AUTO is nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
which is part of the whole issue. You hit me, you are 100% at fault. First your company will try to put me 40% at fault for just using the road. Then they will make claims about the value of my car, and then, they will try to cheap out on the repairs.

I dont really care that they are trying to save their insured money, if Im making a reasonable case, they should pay a reasonable sum.

The insurance companies giving a hard time are exactly why the typical person who gets hit automatically has a sore neck and a few other new ailments... otherwise theyll never have any chance of being made even somewhat whole...

A company like safe auto, is designed knowing that their insureds will likely cause more damage than they can pay out from their policy. While I can see the reason why such companies exist, again, they cause rates to increase, because then underinsured kicks in and the legal team from a company like progressive, SA, etc. just makes a mockery of the legal system and induces a bleeding match until it is too expensive to do anything but settle on their terms. ridiculous.

No, I was hit by an old blind man insured by Liberty Mutual. They supported his attempts to lie out of it. I had to pay my deductible and no rental car or anything more than my collision covered. Eventually Liberty Mutual repaid my deductible. I was shafted by both them and my own company.

Oh yes, I was working third shift at the time and due to the lack of the State Farm office doing their job, I lost a number of days sleep. They were a bunch of clueless idiots. It took them 3 days to fax my claim from their office to the claims office a few miles away.

It seems I am always trying to collect from the other guys insurance. The people that hit me always seem to know more about how the system works and how to screw me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Marginal insurance companies who offer lowest to keep you legal policies are catering to a sub-par consumer. Sorry, but can't put it any nicer. They are out to get you however they can, and for these sub-par consumers, they are the ones that pay most any company high fees and keep those income sources going.

Sounds like a bank with "free checking"...
Good reason to switch to credit unions. Truly free checking, no per-check fees, no minimum balances, no monthly fees, yearly fees....

I've had very good luck with AAA's insurance carrier. My '86 420SEL was totalled while parked in '04. They paid me the middle range of the Blue Book value for it and didn't raise my rates afterward. In '06 and '07 my C230 got clipped, once while parked and once rear-ended, and they paid to make the car look right again without any complaints and without dropping me.

I'm still with 'em today.

When youre not at fault, there is no reason they should drop you... or raise rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back