RP worth over the competition (Walmart Pricing)

[QUOTE="I Does it make their engine go vroom vroom? Is it pretty and colorful?

There ya go. Most morons (general public) are satisfied.
[/QUOTE]
Used RP in my old Corolla after 250 miles they oil was no longer purple!

[QUOTE="I Does it make their engine go vroom vroom? Is it pretty and colorful?

There ya go. Most morons (general public) are satisfied.
[/QUOTE]
I always thought the "morons" were the guys who didn't change there oil.

Here is my RP 0w20 on my Equinox 1.5t. From left to right Valvoline EP, RP and Pennzoil pp

Attachments

• IMG_0838.jpeg
    IMG_0838.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 55
Link? Proof??
I assume a UOA. I'm done with this circus, we've got one thread where a considerable body of tests data is being slagged as wholly insufficient while simultaneously, a couple of low-to-no applicability bench tests and apparently a UOA now are being held up as proof that RP is "the best". This is textbook sealioning.

I assume a UOA. I'm done with this circus, we've got one thread where a considerable body of tests data is being slagged as wholly insufficient while simultaneously, a couple of low-to-no applicability bench tests and apparently a UOA now are being held up as proof that RP is "the best". This is textbook sealioning.
Terrible.

Tony knew it. Best oils and chat like this thread are terrible for BITOG. We are better than this. Not a slight on Wayne and the mods, but there really should be some limit on "best oil" threads and brand name hyping. I mean I don't do it.

[QUOTE="I Those are the idiots.
[/QUOTE]
So if you change your oil your a moron, if you don't your an idiot....LOL...You just gotta love this forum..LOL

I get the feeling that if you post a thread claiming your oil is better than my oil, the old geezers here get all bent out of shape, take there toys and go home LOL

I get the feeling that if you post a thread claiming your oil is better than my oil, the old geezers here get all bent out of shape, take there toys and go home LOL
It's more the "this oil does better on the butt plug 9000 super lube test, therefore, it's the bestest possible oil EVER!!! And this totally supersedes all the tests done by the OEM's, who are complicit in a secret scheme by the WEF and the Lizard People for engines to wear out quicker so they can be forced into Uncle Elon's mind control and EV's".

RP gets 4.9/5 stars on Amazon, so people must like it....

I don't trust ratings/reviews on complicated products/subjects like that. The vast majority of buyers couldn't tell you anything about that oil beyond the fact that it's purple. If they do say something about it, it's usually a regurgitation of the marketing on the label. It's likely 4.9/5.0 customers have never done a UOA, never pulled their valve cover, never cut open a filter, or done really anything beyond changing the oil and checking the dipstick, much less established any sort of trend over several intervals. They realistically have no way of knowing how well it's actually performing and are just letting the placebo effect come through in their review. "It's F'ing purple, yo! 5 stars!"

seems to me the video has some good information here,though good guidelines to go by . hopefully we can learn more about engine oils and other posters on BITOG can contribute information ,please can we profit on constructive sharing of Knowlege. thank you ,brian

Back