Royal Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious about Royal Purple's API certified synthetic oil and want more info, specifically 0W20. The RP web site is lacking when compared to other websites. I have looked for an VOA but have yet to see any. Anyone else have anymore info?

I did the math: 6 quarts of Royal Purple from Amazon and 1 RP oil filter from Pep Boys comes out to $68
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: mrcoolguy
Im curious about Royal Purple's API certified synthetic oil and want more info, specifically 0W20. The RP web site is lacking when compared to other websites. I have looked for an VOA but have yet to see any. Anyone else have anymore info?

Check out this comparison report that AMSoil did on 5w30's last year.

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g3115.pdf

This is the only comparison I know of where you can see Royal Purple going head to head with other prominent synthetics. RP looked respectable.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I did the math: 6 quarts of Royal Purple from Amazon and 1 RP oil filter from Pep Boys comes out to $68
shocked2.gif

Do your math again or don't look for/use the most expensive deal you can find to quote. I just checked Amazon and in about 3 seconds found a deal where you can get a 6pak of RP 0W20 for $41.85 w/ Free Shipping( $6.97 p/qt ). Most RP filters at PB's are $14.99 so $41.85 + $14.99 = $56.84; not $68.

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Purple-API-Licensed-Performance-Synthetic/dp/B005JVNPRA

Also, you can buy RP filters cheaper elsewhere. Depending on application you can get them for $9-$12 on Amazon or E-Bay( and any number of other online sources ). AAP sells them so you can use a coupon code and get them for less. I just checked one for my Brother's truck and with coupon code applied = $11. So that drops the ^^^ to $52.85 for a 6pak of RP API 0W20 and RP filter.

I know to many here, and probably you as well, that is still too much and you will still ne
shocked2.gif
over it. Fine so be it. My point is people quote these crazy prices and use it to beat up on RP and like I am always saying it can be had for much less than people think. In this case less even using the exact source they use to quote a price from.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
shocked2.gif

Pep Boys has sales on it a few times a year.

I am running it in my 2010 Impala right now (5w-30 flavor) along with a Royal Purple filter. For whatever reason it is the noisiest "synthetic" I have run, especially at start up.The car runs super smooth when warmed up.

I like it but wouldn't pay regular price. I got it when Amazon had the $37 5qt RP oil and RP filter special.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back