Royal Purple XPR 20W50, 4500 mi, turbo LS6...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love these comments on adding "real" coolant-what a bunch of _________(fill in the blank, you know what I'm thinking)

It is apparent you know VERY little about engine operation.

There is an old saying that goes something like this:
better to keep your mouth shut and let them think you are stupid, rather than open your mouth and prove it

S

Here's some XRP testing XRP (10W-40) from my methenol fueled 15:1 565cid race engine. The lead is from a primer idle fuel I use. This one make 980STP-HP and 830STP-ftlb on the dyno and on track it gets a 250hp adder to qualify at some events.
rp41in565.jpg

Originally Posted By: Pablo
What parts are Ti?

16 valves and the spring retainers. I'd say most of my Ti trace is from retainers. They get some abuse. 300lb on the seat and 900 over the top

I would be worried.

I run an 850 hp Big Block Chevy (572 based) with a supercharger and my oil never looked that bad even when the engine was breaking in!

I'd be checking the intake filtration and that catch can, breather, etc. You're picking up dirt somewhere.

BTW, we use 15-50 Amsoil Dominator racing oil in the Big Chevy.

Your springs are 900lbs open?????????? HOLY F BATMAN! I thought mine were heavy at 500! What are you spinning to to require springs that heavy?

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I would be worried.

I run an 850 hp Big Block Chevy (572 based) with a supercharger and my oil never looked that bad even when the engine was breaking in!

Please post an image of your oil testing on your deal. With a blower and I assume a hat you have to have worse at least for SI. I have an air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back