ROYAL PURPLE>Truth---SOMEBODY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings...: From a Ford Police Interceptor site!
smile.gif

Just curious, as to opinions from this most excellent avenue of debate.

What are your thoughts of ROYAL PURPLE products???

Amsoil reps, constantly bash R/P. I must say it's getting old. I haven't seen facts, that as one Amsoil dealer stated: "Royal Purple sucks." And... "It's not a TRUE synthetic."

Is Royal Purple Group IV...OR NOT???

The Amsoil reps I speak with never even mention Royal Purple, so I'm not 100% with you on that.

As for Royal Purple this has been often dicussed. There was a thread just maybe 2-3 weeks ago (?) do a search. Molacule did a killer answer.

Questions remain. The formula changes. They used to call their street oils a "blend"? Is this bashing?
dunno.gif
I didn't read the whole Ford thread. They are talking about oil filters.

If one reads the specs published by State of NC it says Synthetic Lubricants, Group 111 allowed. To say that RP is a group 111 is disingenuous.If that is true, only Chevron has a true synthetic.

I guess I should just save my breath and not remind the original poster he should have done a search using the word "purple" to find past discussion on this very subject?
dunno.gif

We just had a thread a week or so ago about RP's composition.
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

That came to a dfferent conclusion than I would by looking at that link from a state testing facility. There were no links like this in that discussion that contradicted that it was grp IV. It seems to me that in has more than just IV and carrier oil to thin as quickly as it does in some motors but I'm no expert. These traits my not hurt it's ability to protect or last etc. but stay in grade is an attribute. PRRPIL, what are the exact percentages of which base oils are in for instance the 5w 30. Telling us the base stock won't tell us anything about the RP's secret additive composition and would put this to rest. I don't understand the secrecy about base oil unless there is something RP doesn't want us to know.

[ September 23, 2004, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: goodvibes ]

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
[QB] I guess I should just save my breath and not remind the original poster he should have done a search using the word "purple" to find past discussion on this very subject?
dunno.gif

We just had a thread a week or so ago about RP's composition.
rolleyes.gif

FYI-I read every bit of it, and once again, a lot of "this, that, and the other"... Royal Purple claims Group IV---period. Seems like they would know, and be risking a lot, if caught lying. But...
dunno.gif

We use PAO base oils, an API additive pack from one of the mainstream suppliers, with some carrier oil to put it into solution, and our additive, Synerlec.

quote:

Originally posted by ULVER:

Amsoil reps, constantly bash R/P. I must say it's getting old. I haven't seen facts, that as one Amsoil dealer stated: "Royal Purple sucks." And... "It's not a TRUE synthetic."

Is Royal Purple Group IV...OR NOT???

I'm an Amsoil rep and I don't bash royal purple.
I would say analysis is your friend. if you want to use a product see how well the anlysis comes out.

quote:

Originally posted by AstroVic:
KW,

http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/mcycle.html

That oil is over 100 bucks for a case of 12 quarts .

If I were to use RP I think I'd opt for the # 41 although I don't know the price .

I do have a question though . If base oils are PAO / Ester why such a big difference in prices between the API street oils and the others ?

I would not think the add pack would change to cost over 2 bucks a quart .

Don't get me wrong , I'm not pouring fuel on the fire here but something don't add up . i guess I need and am asking for help with that kinda math
smile.gif

"I read every bit of it, and once again, a lot of 'this, that, and the other'... Royal Purple claims Group IV---period."

ULVER, it would have been preferable to resurrect that thread and ask for further clarification on the issue.

Constantly starting new threads leads to the same discussion scattered all over the place and it becomes impossible to reference in the future.

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back