Rough idle, stalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had many "stuck" open EGR valves. That will cause the problem you are describing. If the motor runs good at high rpm but idles poorly, then it could be an EGR valve that is stuck open or leaking. But the important observation is that it runs good at high rpm. If it doesn't, then it's not a leaking or stuck open EGR.

Nope, replaced the EGR, the Idle Air Control Valve, plugs/wires/rotor/cap, and TBI gasket, and fuel filter. I asked a mechanic at work if it could be the fuel pump. This was a company vehicle where I work and he did most of the work on the vehicle. I have service records going back to 1995. He stated that fuel pumps usually just quit. So I moved on to replacing other things. With approximately 93k miles, I guess I can rest knowing all of those things were replaced and good for the long haul. Hope to get another 100k miles or so out of this vehicle. Unfortunately, the odometer quit working in April. The vehicle is old enough that I don't care to fix it. I know that I am currently averaging less than 8k miles per year. I will do once per year OCI's unless my driving habits change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back