Rotella T6 5w-40, 9k miles, 03 Tacoma - 3.6L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: used_0il
The last frontier is 0W, how do you convince someone living in a hot climate they don't need 0WXX?

Why do you have to?

Exactly. That is the question. Why would you have to run a 0WXX in a hot climate.

Maybe I should have said; "The last frontier is the BITOG Cold-Flow Fan Boy Club".

Exactly. That is the question. Why would you have to run a 0WXX in a hot climate.

Maybe I should have said; "The last frontier is the BITOG Cold-Flow Fan Boy Club".

He's asking why do you have to convince them.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

He's asking why do you have to convince them.

Lol yes that is what I meant.

I knew that.
So I will answer a question with a question.
Why do you need to know, and what would you do
with the information if you I told you?

In other words, the question was a troll which I intentionally did not respond to.

I knew that.

In other words, the question was a troll which I intentionally did not respond to.

I think the troll is trying to convince somebody not to run a specific grade because you have some sort of jaded view of it and subsequently an agenda that serves nobody but yourself
smirk.gif

Yeah, those of us of a certain age can recall running thicker oils in everything all of the time with no problems at all.
I know that when I did try forty grades in thirty grade applications, I didn't notice any particular loss in fuel economy, although I did notice smoother and quieter running.
Nothing at all wrong with running a thicker grade than that recommended in the OM.
There is no arguing with the way this oil performed in the OP's engine.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I knew that.

I think the troll is trying to convince somebody not to run a specific grade because you have some sort of jaded view of it and subsequently an agenda that serves nobody but yourself
smirk.gif

Exactly. At least the person who uses 0W-something is using a pretty good oil, I don't understand why it is someone else's mission in life to make sure everyone conforms to their oil philosophy.

...but what about 0w-40 T6?
whistle.gif
27.gif

Nice report. I'm not necessarily 'opposed' to running a grade above recommendation in some apps, but generally follow the book. Granted, some engines are really not picky. If yours is not go for whatever rocks your world. Hey, a car with bad fuel dilution and / or shearing may benefit from a stout HDEO like T6.
21.gif

My 2.4L Camry get's 29mpg with 50/50 driving.I freq take each shift to 5500 rpms !I run 5W40 almost exclusively.

When I am forced to drive mostly HWY or the orange cones slow things down I freq break into the 32-35mpg ballpark.

I tried 2 different 0W30's and 2 different 0W40's and never saw any improvement in fuel economy with any oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back