Rotella T5 in my civic, good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, new to the forum. However I am not new to forums in general. I am sure I will enjoy my stay. I really need help choosing an oil. I picked up some Rotella T5 10w30 for $11.50 today, but I need to know if I should run it, or exchange it.

I drive a 1999 Civic Si, it has a B16A2 motor, the motor revs to 7.5-8k usualy on a daily basis (once or twice a day
21.gif
, you know how it is getting on highways). It is also a tappet motor, not a roller. Other then a few mods its all stock, drives 80 miles a day, in Florida weather.

What would be the best oil for me to run? Is this T5 going to be ok? I cn get something else.

Yup, you will have zero problems with that oil in your Civic.

I ran some 10w30 Delo in our 1998 Civic EX and it purred like a kitten with no difference in gas mileage compared to 'regular' dino oil.

don't know the grading on that oil, but there is a lot of info-recommendations on oil for older tech engines, i believe i read that the newest specifications lowered some protective additives to protect the long guaranteed cat life, newest ratings are not necessarily better

Great, I will run this stuff and see how it goes. What would be a good filter that can be bought at walmart, autozone, advanced auto....??

I heard those orange fram filters suck. Anything cheap yet decent?

For that Civic, I like the Purolator Classic L-20073 , its the biggest filter you can find at PepBoys or AAP and it will fit with zero leaks. The older L-24458 oversized oil filter was discontinued a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back