RMI 25, Instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the great reviews of RMI 25, I think I will give it a shot when my next cooling system flush is due. I have searched the forums and websites, but cannot find any instructions, aside from pour in, drive, and add another bottle every 15,000 miles. http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=27 describes that only one 8 ounce bottle is needed for 5 gallons and that it will clean in about 15 hours of driving.

That's simple and basic, but I was wondering, are you suppose to flush the cooling system after the first treatment? Or would it be fine to just drain the reservoir via removing the connecting hose, then top off the cooling system with 50/50 anti-freeze, and continue until the next service interval?

After that, would there be a reason for a 2nd treatment during the same service interval?

Why in the world would you want to use that junk in your cooling system?

Might just be another Slick50 for cooling systems.

I had a gargling sound in my cooling system, when I changed it I found that the mixture was brown mudd, severly abused. First I flushed the system and put fresh coolant, no change. I used RMI-25 and gargling sound is gone. It stops contamination from sticking to the sides while at the same time flushing away gunk. I will never be w/o RMI25 especially with all of these coolant experiments like Dex Cool that are proven to cause problems.

Instructions can't be simpler, just put 8 oz in your radiator. If you want to run just water and RMI 25 use a double dose and use distilled water, recommended for hot states were freezing isn't a concern. Put in 8 oz every year after that.

quote:

Just wary of such additives. Not quite convinced that they're necessary.

Understandable, had I never seen the reviews of Auto-RX and FP60, I highly doubt I ever would have used those. I asked because you referred to it as "junk," and wanted to know if you had any experience that led you to that conclusion of it being "junk."

Only one thing to convince me if it's necessary is to give it a shot, but I do a lot of research and read multiple opinions beforehand. If I see any improvements then I definitely continue recommending it.

Shelby, I doubt I'd overflow the reservoir, but should that be of concern when adding the RMI 25?

Given how finicky these extended-life coolants are, until analysis proves otherwise, I wouldn't feel comfortable adding such additives to my coolant.

quote:

I had a gargling sound in my cooling system, when I changed it I found that the mixture was brown mudd, severly abused. First I flushed the system and put fresh coolant, no change. I used RMI-25 and gargling sound is gone.

rolleyes.gif
twak.gif

Dude, I think your problem is related to air pockets in the system, nothing to do with coolant or additives. It could just be that you bled your system properly the second time around. And get rid of your DexCool bias. It works fine if you don't have any cooling system problems, especially air pockets.
lol.gif

CT- Bleed a little out the bottom and let it sit then add it to the rad cap. I also put a couple oz in my overflow because it doesn't matter how much you use it's not bad in anyway for your vehicle, just kinda of expensive to put the whole 32 oz in. When I purchase it I buy two 32 ouncers, we have three cars and it lasts at least a couple years. I put 12 ounces in my old car with the problem and 4 to 6 ounces in our new 05/04 Chevy's.

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:
Dude, I think your problem is related to air pockets in the system, nothing to do with coolant or additives. It could just be that you bled your system properly the second time around. And get rid of your DexCool bias. It works fine if you don't have any cooling system problems, especially air pockets.
lol.gif

Wow dude, da ya think? I burped the system over and over after the change, nothing. All air pockets had to be gone by that point. Reread my post, the cooling system was mud. DEX MUD! IE, the system had constrictions everywhere. RMI25 is a flush that suspends rust and other contamination-thus conditioning seals, nothing like slick 50. Compare it to Autorx if you want to compare, or do you think that's snake oil too? If you don't want to use it don't! You sound like an grumpy old turd talking about a product you have no experience with because of a garbage product called slick 50. It is compatable with all coolants per intructions.

quote:

Originally posted by Shelby:
Compare it to Autorx if you want to compare, or do you think that's snake oil too? If you don't want to use it don't! You sound like an grumpy old turd talking about a product you have no experience with because of a garbage product called slick 50. It is compatable with all coolants per intructions.

There have been documented results, both photographically and scientically, indicating the effectiveness of Auto-RX. On the other hand, the only evidence we see of benefits resulting from the usage of RMI25 are from several, satisfied users.

This is not to suggest, though, that your claims are invalid and impossible. But until there is solid data, through analysis, or perhaps even before/after photos, it's difficult to accept one's claim of RMI25 to be exceptionally effective and to be a "must-have" product for everyone's cooling system.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Shelby:
Compare it to Autorx if you want to compare, or do you think that's snake oil too? If you don't want to use it don't! You sound like an grumpy old turd talking about a product you have no experience with because of a garbage product called slick 50. It is compatable with all coolants per intructions.

There have been documented results, both photographically and scientically, indicating the effectiveness of Auto-RX. On the other hand, the only evidence we see of benefits resulting from the usage of RMI25 are from several, satisfied users.

This is not to suggest, though, that your claims are invalid and impossible. But until there is solid data, through analysis, or perhaps even before/after photos, it's difficult to accept one's claim of RMI25 to be exceptionally effective and to be a "must-have" product for everyone's cooling system.

You want results you got them. The overflow tanks was taking off and thouroughly cleaned with the last flush, just checked it and this slime is everywhere.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=000690

So? For every documented case of success with RMI25, you could have a 1000 other cases where the product didn't do squat, or worse, caused problems.

Make you a deal. When I see ANY OE manufacturer begin recommending RMI25 or a similar product, I'll give it a try. Fair enough?

quote:

So? For every documented case of success with RMI25, you could have a 1000 other cases where the product didn't do squat, or worse, caused problems.
Make you a deal. When I see ANY OE manufacturer begin recommending RMI25 or a similar product, I'll give it a try. Fair enough?

When has any OE manufactorer recommend AutoRX? Lol, Dude I am just a guy who used a product and got results. I could care less if you or anyone elses uses it. The results are completely undeniable, I did not get that Dex mudd, silicone snot, or Coolant Gel (whatever you want to call it) off with any other product or multiple flushes. BTW, When I flush I leave it running for ten minutes, IE the water is clear, but the goop was stuck on the sides of my entire cooling system. I did not even know it was there until the RMI25 loosened it over time just like ARX does for oil. I'm not going to argue with you anymore because the last comment you made ended any credibilty you had with me. You should have said wow that stuff just might be good, lol. I hate people who can't admit when they are WRONG.

quote:

Originally posted by ConfederateTyrant:
After seeing the great reviews of RMI 25, I think I will give it a shot when my next cooling system flush is due.

Did you find any good solid reviews you could point us to? RMI 25 interests me and I'm a major skeptic when it comes to miracles in a can.

Thanks for your write-up and pictures. Maybe some other users will come out of the woodwork and add to our knowledge.

I don't have them anymore but when I was aware of this problem I did a search, I think it matters how you put it in the google bar if I remember correctly, RMI-25 or RMI25 or RMI-25 Forum etc . This product has somewhat of a cult following, it has very loyal customers like ARX. I'm sure you can find some stuff on the net about it. In my opinion it is a must have on an older vehicle. The problem I have now is how to get all the slime out, lol. It was contricting my system and causing gargling sounds, but at least the slime was stuck. My worry now is that it might clog up my system. From now on I'm not going to use Coolant at all. I'm using distilled water and a double dose of RMI25. I don't need antifreeze because I'm in Cali.

I'm very happy with the results of RMI-25 in my Neon, used with traditional-type antifreeze. If you get it, remember that the 8-ounce rcommended dose is for a *5-gallon* system. In my car(a hair less than 2 gallons), I use 4 oz.

I'll let others worry about the other antifreeze types. My car was designed for, & I stick with blue-jug Peak these days(no more Prestone traditional!) & have no coolant problems.
wink.gif

I use RMI-25 in both my vehicles. Very pleased with results. I drive old cars that tend to have a lot of junk in the cooling system. This cleans it over time and I dont have to worry about killing old head gaskets or hoses.

Very pleased with results. It does take a little while to work though.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back