rip van winkle needs a new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which style GX620 are we talking with bad power supplies? We had a lot of GX620's, but they were all mini-towers. Didn't seem to notice the bad cap problem, and overall they were relaible workhorses for us. Currently running one at home (cycled out every 4 years by plan) that has been maxed out on about everything now...

We've switched to the Optiplex 755 Slim Form Factor. So far so good anyways...

Well after days of hounding around, am getting a used
27.gif

CPU, MEMORY, & MOTHERBOARD BUNDLE: IPSG Biostar 945GC mATX Motherboard & Pentium Dual-Core E2180 Processor with a gig of memory through an amazon seller. Benchmarks on that CPU look better than any new-old-stock mobo combo deals I've been able to find.

Then, an open box 1TB HD from Newegg and I'm
happy2.gif

Saw a complete system on revonate.com with win7 for around $220 shipped but I chickened out at the last minute and it disappeared.
frown.gif

Amazon makes it easy, you search for something and it sticks used ones in your face. The maddening part of the search was finding benchmarks and intro dates; many used pulls were 4-5 years old and only marginally faster than what I have. I admit I was hot for dual/multiple core, even though they make sluggish Atom dual cores new in my price range.

I used to sell books on half.com and when properly set up a decently searchable middleman can benefit both parties. Then they messed the whole system up and I dropped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back