Review of HF $10.99 rechargeable Spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked this up to walk my dog at night. It's pistol grip and mainly a spotlight, not a floodlight. It's very light, one might assume they forgot the batteries at the factory. But its LED and LiIon so maybe a small battery is all that is needed. So far I am impressed for a little over $10. Unsure how long a charge will last.

I think one of the reviews is his....

Looks like a Milwaukee M12 Spotlight knockoff.
Being HF,I would question the life of the battery as opposed to the MW M12's removeable battery.Of course its only $14.....

HF is good for stuff like this.

I feel like Donald meant to attach a picture and forgot?

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Where's the review? That's it?

What other details would you like? Its a $10.99 item (maybe off sale now and a few dollars more). For a $30K car I would provide a longer review with more details.

I have been using this nightly since I got it for dogs walks. Probably after 20 minute walks, for 10 to 14 days and you begin to notice its not very bright. So maybe its got 4 hours before needing a charge. So far I am satisfied with it for the $10.99 I paid for it.

The only minor issue is after having it on trigger lock for 20 minutes when the trigger lock is disengaged the trigger does not pop out to off. A little fooling with the trigger and it pops out and shuts off.

Last edited:
It gets good reviews but seems excessively large for the specs. 1.3Ah and 3W emitter can be far surpassed in a much smaller package. It would be nice to see some down-road images.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
It gets good reviews but seems excessively large for the specs. 1.3Ah and 3W emitter can be far surpassed in a much smaller package. It would be nice to see some down-road images.

The large size allows me to beat off lurking night predators while walking my 120 lb Mastiff in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back