Results of Fram with Neutra

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by metroplex:
So Shell Rotella T synthetic wouldn't be that good for engines then - cause it has a higher ash content than other engine oils.

Did I say that?
blush.gif
smile.gif
Depends on the ash content of the atf and detergency of the oil, no? I know atf ash varies by type & quality but most don't put it on their spec sheets.

quote:

ATF thins out the oil yes - but its not going to be pi$$ thin to the point its no longer going to lubricate properly. I wouldn't run it for 5000 miles, just maybe around the block or 3-5 miles tops.

With run-of-the-mill ~10W30 you're right, but it might be a problem. 1/3 0W20 ATF in a BMW that wants 60 is going to be bad if it does more than idle. Different situations deserve their own look.

quote:

How much is Neutra? I usually find the cheapest ATF out there - less than a buck per quart. I almost always have left over quarts in my storage from past ATF changes.

One cleaning is ~$.60. I don't know how much shipping or ordering singles would affect it. Cleaning dose is 1oz/qt of oil. Cases of 24 12oz bottles go for ~$34.

Granted, it's not as convenient if you don't already use it. Give Tim a call? Could be cheap even in singles. (See if he'll break out a gallon - I hate these little bottles.)

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back