Restart of Chrysler plant in Belvidere IL - getting a mid-sized pickup?

That's good news. It's one thing when ancient plants like Norwood and Janesville get shuttered, but Belvidere is far newer and has been modernized often.

In an unrelated note, Walmart is building an enormous freezer-warehouse across the street to the north of the auto plant.

Guys, my belief is that the new truck to be built at Belvidere will be the Rampage. Check out the article below. Belvidere is already set up to produce a uni-body architecture, and it would be a huge expense to re-tool it to make a body on frame pick up....i.e. Dakota.

I am glad though that Stellantis agreed to save this plant though.

amazing isn't it? we get this news after gm, ford and honda all report putting a pause on EV production! Maybe we can get back to reality not some political fantasy dream of automotive vehicles! nice!

EDIT: Looks like it's going to have a hybrid engine setup.. Like Toyota said was the most logical for electrification moving forward in the near future.. Wow I'm sounding more and more like a Toyota cheerleader! lol

amazing isn't it? we get this news after gm, ford and honda all report putting a pause on EV production! Maybe we can get back to reality not some political fantasy dream of automotive vehicles! nice!

EDIT: Looks like it's going to have a hybrid engine setup.. Like Toyota said was the most logical for electrification moving forward in the near future.. Wow I'm sounding more and more like a Toyota cheerleader! lol

I'd love to see the Ram version of a Maverick.

I was just Marketplace shopping Rampages the other day. This looks like a great little truck. Hopefully they can be built fast enough.

It has to be just big enough for a Hemi LoL …
J/K … 5 years from now there will be but a few V8’s …

5 years from now there will be but a few V8’s …
I used to think that way as well. But I'm not so sure. As long as there is a market for big trucks and SUV's, there will be someone to provide them. A LOT of people own big boats and RV's. And anything EV is worthless for pulling.

And everyone has had just about enough of this EV crap shoved down their throat. And it's quite apparent that $5.00+ a gallon gas, and $5.50+ Diesel isn't making anyone like them more.

I used to think that way as well. But I'm not so sure. As long as there is a market for big trucks and SUV's, there will be someone to provide them. A LOT of people own big boats and RV's. And anything EV is worthless for pulling.

And everyone has had just about enough of this EV crap shoved down their throat. And it's apparent that $5.00+ a gallon gas, and $5.50+ Diesel isn't making anyone like them more.
I love V8’s (have two) … but would gladly buy a 2.7L turbo that has a HD architecture and more torque than my V8’s … they are becoming common in I4 & V6 …
HD’s (250/2500) will continue to go with diesel - big companies are working to develop cleaner fuels bcs much work will be done by ICE …
The gasoline V8 will be used less …

• Wow
Reactions: D60
Back