Rental Car review 22 Jeep Compass

The Compass always has been (and still is) a bottom feeder. What a horrible vehicle and the Multiair is junk. Stellantis has taken over the small platforms and unfortunately they’re all Fiat based, mediocre at best. I’m not talking about reliability, I’m referring to the dynamics of the vehicles. I really don’t trust anything on an Alfa or Fiat platform especially considering Peugeot was added to the group a few years back.

Chrysler and Dodge will be gone soon, Ram will survive as long as it’s designed on this continent and Jeep might survive if they keep the heavy hitter models away from Stellantis platforms.

I was looking at the Dodge Hornet, a $52,000 iteration of whatever Alfa platform they pillaged. I saw an Alfa today that looked like it shared the Hornet sheet metal. I don’t think they are selling very well.

is this a new product or did they just disable the 9th gear in the zf-9 speed? Havent heard anything about an 8 speed for traverse layout... but I dont really pay attention to compass anything.
IIRC the engine if you got the 2.0 is a detuned 2.0 the cherokee came with. 70less ft-lb 70 less hp.

I always thought the 270hp/295tq 2.0 was abit spicy for a jeep product at 135hp/liter
I don't it has been a bit since I had it but it said 8 soeed

Found it after 30 different keyword searches.
For the 2023 Compass, the 2.4L engine was replaced by a new retuned version of the 2.0L GME four cylinder gasoline engine, producing 200 horsepower, and 221 lb. ft. of torque. The ZF 9HP based 9 speed automatic transmission has also been replaced with a Hyundai sourced 8F30 8 speed automatic transmission.
The GME 4 cylinder was the "hurricane" that was used in the 2.0 cherokees among others.

For as well liked the zf-8 speed(rwd and rwd/awd platforms) is
the 9 speed esp with the jeep tuning was semi-rubbish.
from design compromises it had odd lag esp on certain shifts(4-5?? 7-8??) due to having to synchronize dog clutches etc.
and 9th wasnt useable in anything besides the very smallest cars
even with the 4.5? gears you never got 9th in the cherokee... maybe on a downhill at 90mph mostly coasting with a tailwind.

Mentioned in another thread we had a 4x4 Compass as a company vehicle. It proofed to be at least as reliable as the other domestic vehicles we had. >100k miles without any failures ... just regular maintenance.

I expected pure junk, but it served us well.

Back