Reman Brake Calipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to replace my front left caliper on my 1998 BMW 740iL. I'm looking at two choices from RockAuto and the brands are 1)Raybestos 2)A1 Cardone. Which is better of the two or are all reman calipers about the same? Like everyone, I want quality at a decent price. Any recommendations/suggestions?

Thanks

dunno about Raybestos but definitely stay away from CAdone.

They are consistently being known in the jobber world for being the worst quality ones: from reman calipers to steering racks to power steering pumps, etc.

Q.

What's actually wrong with your brake caliper?
Why not just buy new brake piston seals from your BMW dealer, and replace them yourself?

BC.

Caliper piston will not retract into housing. I removed the bleeder screw and the brake line and no go. So I'm just going to replace it. Do you have any recommendations about manufacturers of brake calipers??

Raybastos Pro should be fine. I bought a couple from NAPA and was impressed with the finish, they did use some sort of coating on them as opposed to just the blasted finish found on most reman.
Price is okay, might be worth a look. Is this an aluminum caliper? Change the brake fluid more often they are prone to corrosion in the unplated bores.

Avoid the Cardone unit if you can. I sometimes deal with cars that come back 1 week later with a stuck rebuilt caliper. Some parts stores like Advance and Autozone will write their name on a Cardone part.

And a previous poster is correct. Their steering racks are also terrible, you will be lucky to get more than 1 year of life from one.

Wagner caliper quality? I am not sure. I never encountered one.

Originally Posted By: Quest

They are consistently being known in the jobber world for being the worst quality ones: from reman calipers to steering racks to power steering pumps, etc.

Q.

Hi Quest, I work at Cardone and let our Quality and Tech services team know about your concerns. Can you send me your contact information (email/phone)? You can send it to [email protected]. Our team would like to follow up with you to learn more about your specific concerns and problems you've encountered. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Lippy
Originally Posted By: Quest

Q.

Hi Quest, I work at Cardone and let our Quality and Tech services team know about your concerns. Can you send me your contact information (email/phone)? You can send it to [email protected]. Our team would like to follow up with you to learn more about your specific concerns and problems you've encountered. Thanks!

Hello Sir, doesn't Cardone follow there product line in the industry for quality. I'm sure that a few auto supply chains should have complained by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back