Redline Oil 5w30 -- 3,040 miles -- 07 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HAMP filters were used before i started doing UOA so only the Amsoil filters are documented with the UOA and particle counts.

Originally Posted By: NYSteve
Originally Posted By: Artem
For your sake, I hope we never meet on the street because you'll most likely just see my taillights. Hehehe.

Wow, cause I have so much to prove with how fast my car is.

Obviously, you can't outrun a Motorola as demonstrated by your now lengthy criminal history.

crackmeup2.gif
no comment as i'm not about to explain how many times i've outrun the cops in my Civic
27.gif

I have nothing to prove to you. Please go lurk elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Plus this is another reason not to buy used cars.

3k oil changes with the highest quality synthetic oil available in a very well maintained car? If my UOA were showing an engine clearly on its way to the junk yard, sure don't buy used cars but that isn't the case here and i'll keep driving it hard until 200,000 miles to prove it.

Originally Posted By: D189379
Seems like you aren't using the oil long enough.

I'm not looking to extend the OCIs with this particular car.

Originally Posted By: bigmike

I live in Florida and I know how people drive.

Irregardless of your rationale for doing so, you're choosing to break the law and also choosing to demonstrate unsafe practice while undergoing a driving privilege. You put others that have not chosen to undergo the same levels of alarming driving mannerisms in danger. I would have thought that having your license taken away for some time would enlighten you to this idea.

BTW, there are plenty of legal places in Florida to race.

Where did you get the mental picture that i just fly down the highway during rush hour traffic, cutting people off, tires screeching, potentially endangering some poor granny???
33.gif

I like to accelerate up to speed faster then "granny style" and pass a few slower moving vehicles while i'm at it. 90% of my time on the roads are at night... deep into the night actually (1-3am) with not many cars on the roads, when i can enjoy a nice 150mph blast down the highway while going to McDonald's for a midnight snack.

I'm on the road all day (truck driver) and want to enjoy my ride when i get home... Sue me!

I didn't come here for driving lessons guys. Can we please drop it already, geez.

Are you honestly using a facepalm at what *I* said?

Wow. I don't think I've ever personally insulted anyone on BITOG before, but you take the cake.

Mike, i don't take anything said in this thread personally to heart simply because i just don't give a darn about what anyone has to say about the way i choose to get my self from point A to B. I've heard it plenty over the years from my parents, friends, various lawyers, the judge, etc etc. I simply don't care.
I drive safe enough that no animals are hurt in the process yet fast enough to make the hairs on the back on my neck stand up. I like living on the edge.

The facepalm was simply towards the fact that you ASSUMED i was hauling some major booty in rush hour traffic or in a school zone or something and you're just plain wrong. 95% of my tickets are on the highway and the others were from illegal u-turns, red lights, stop signs, driving around the railroad crossing barriers, cutting through a plaza to avoid a light, driving too close, my exhaust, window tint, etc etc. so go have a beer or something. I'm not out to kill innocent people with my 3,000 pound automobile.

Man you guys are taking this way too serious
33.gif

I'm done replying to posts regarding my driving.

Have a good day.

Did the Moly do anything spectacular? I think not, just look at the other UOA's. I am not saying it is worthless and I know there is documented proof it works for EP/AW protection, I just believe once you get over a certain point loads of moly will not do anything more.

Caterham, I misunderstood your point. I apologize.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Did the Moly do anything spectacular? I think not, just look at the other UOA's. I am not saying it is worthless and I know there is documented proof it works for EP/AW protection, I just believe once you get over a certain point loads of moly will not do anything more.

Caterham, I misunderstood your point. I apologize.

Chubbs, i can honestly say that I pushed the car harder with the Redline oil in there vs when Amsoil was floating around.

A 1-2ppm increase is too small to conclude anything as a fact based on this one UOA with the Ester oil. Besides, the engine is getting older, you can't honestly expect to see the same UOA results @ 100k as you did with 50,000 miles, can you? I say its nothing.

I've changed the oil with another fill of Redline and an Amsoil oil filter as well as changed the air filter. With a better concentration of Ester oil, this being the second fill, i'd expect better results although the car will be ran just as hard so who knows.

I'll throw some more ASL into the mix after the Redline to do a back to back analysis, where i'm guessing the Amsoil will show exactly the same results as Redline, given the driving conditions are identical. We'll see
35.gif

I am locking this thread as a result of the OP only bragging about breaking the law and his reckless driving habits.

Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back