Recommend me a reliable petrol vw engine

So, I’m from Europe and searching for realiable sedan or suv from vw , not dsg but aisin trans.
I love Toyota’s but Camry are very, very rare here. Rav 4 are not comfortable for the passengers especially in the corners. My country house is in the mountain, so a few corners 180 degrees. We are doing a lot of trips in the summer and sometimes in the late November for gardening. Of, course we made 5 or 6 trips at the highway with 95/100 miles per hour.
So, maybe not vw , accord? Need a comfort, silence inside and just oil changes, so many illusions:)
I have 15- 20 k usd to spend for a used vehicle.

Accord is very different in eu version, Mazda 6 a known for rust here, Ford Fusion /mondeo with 2.5?
Vw parts are easy to find although I have love and hate with vw.
Clean carfax , cruise control air con automatic, that’ll.
And we’re to search for such car I mean websites, thanks a lot.

yep, but as I remember @edyvw is a bimmer :)
All VW petrol engines are good except old 1.4 turbo/supercharger from some 15-17yrs ago. IMO look for Skoda. It is VW, but for whatever reason Skoda seems better executed. Yeti or Kodiak are really popular. I would not go less than 1.5tsi bcs. weight/power balance.
Diesels are ok but avoid those with water cooled intercooler.

Thanks, for advice Skoda is nice car but I run away from diesels : I’m not driving a lot of miles. But interior is not so nice like Passat, Tiguan or golf. Like comparing golf with Audi A3 or Audi a 4.
My question was for American/ Canada petroleum engines and the experience from users in America. What I know that 2.5 with aisin is bulletproof combination, I have intention to import a car from us/Canada if I found one. The others new ones ea888 gen 3 are not known yet, I mean A guy from vw dealership told me: time will tell, wait 5-6 years and I can answer you:)

Thanks, for advice Skoda is nice car but I run away from diesels : I’m not driving a lot of miles. But interior is not so nice like Passat, Tiguan or golf. Like comparing golf with Audi A3 or Audi a 4.
My question was for American/ Canada petroleum engines and the experience from users in America. What I know that 2.5 with aisin is bulletproof combination, I have intention to import a car from us/Canada if I found one. The others new ones ea888 gen 3 are not known yet, I mean A guy from vw dealership told me: time will tell, wait 5-6 years and I can answer you:)
OK, I see where you going.
EA888 is on the market since 2010 in the US, and went through three generations (mild modifications to the existing platform).
2.0T is good engine. Mid 2012 timing chain tensioner was addressed. Since than the biggest issue is the water pump! It will crack and start losing coolant. It won't overheat the engine if you address issue in a timely manner. GRAF offers all aluminum versions.
Aisin is good, BUT, in Tiguan, I have it is not executed as well as DSG is. It contributes to really high consumption.
In new Tiguan 8 speed is OK. It is a good transmission, nothing special. Second generation Tiguan is bigger but low on power which does not handle weight that well. IMO, VW Sportwagen 1.8 is the better option, but that comes with DSG, which is IMO better transmission as long as you do regular maintenance.
2.5 is an old engine. It is absolutely bulletproof, but you will only find it in Jetta and Passat, not SUV.

I have heard, too, that the SOHC 2.0 and the 5 cyl variant of same (2.5 litres) are very durable engines, albeit rather thirsty. Brother in law has had a 2.5 Golf w/ automatic... for some 11 or 12 years. Zero prbs. Mileage? I don't know his total miles driven (from new)... Nice car though.

You don't say where in Europe you are, but the most common car in Georgia appeared to be the Prius based upon my observations on a trip to Tblisi last month. Almost all of the local ride share cars we rode in were Priuses along with a couple of Fusions and a Nissan March.
Maybe consider something other than a VW especially if you plan to import a car from North America.

I can't say much about the engines and transmissions on new Volkswagen cars, but if it comes down to Jetta vs Passat, get the Passat. There's way more room inside, especially in the back.

Is this a trick question?
You mean trolling?
No, In Europe is a sport to play with the odometer, the dealership for is not doing that but the prices are insane, double than usual. Talking about used cars. Especially they well made I mean interior mb, vw and bmw you easily skip some 100 k miles. With all the waxes and polish products.
Even In germany the cars are imported from Italy cause of rust, the zegermans using a lot of salt in the winter.

I’m thinking about sportswagen 1.8 170 hp that proposed me edyvw. Is that golf is drinking oil like the previous 1.8 160 hp, probably TIGeo knows the answer?

Back