recd new dell 5625 lappy

did basics but looking for a quick eze way to transfer favs etc from my old HP, both on google chrome, BUT saved log ins + passwords are NOT easily seen or transferred! before my saved passwords easily showed but not so much now, got logged into google finally but not yahoo mail yet, a challenge for my 75 YO non geeky brain!! stuff works on my HP but issues with the new dell, even tried sync. i will keep at it + suggestions appreciated!

Chrome bookmarks are easy to transfer. Just export them to .html in Bookmark Manager and either sneakernet that file to your new laptop or email it to yourself.

I don't use Chrome logged in so I'm not real sure what gets synced to your account but I would assume bookmarks at least. Not sure about saved logins. Is Chrome set to remember your logins or do you just not ever clear your cookies?

You need to go to %appdata%\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data and copy the entire Default folder into the new computer. You can move it via a USB thumb drive. Everything should be moved over, including saved sessions, logins, etc.

You can copy %appdata%\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data into the file explorer's bar at the top to go directly there.

1691427391509.png

thanks to all for the info! it actually is a 5620 with the "mouse pad" i wanted before they ran out. i commented it was good but not as much as expected!!! after 3 days i was getting the black screen after log in + searching showed solutions but being new under warranty i contacted dell + seems it was missing drivers etc + they "walked" me thru the fix + its working great as it should being a new purchase!! love the backlite screen i always wanted for viewing in the later hrs when i turn off overhead lighting that can disrupt sleep. everything is better as it should except the W11 opens stuff when the cursor passed by even worse than W10 on my last HP unit IMO W7 is still the best easiest to navigate for non pro users like me!

an update, its fast BUT opens or closes stuff when the cursor just goes by, adjusted to slowest mode but little help + love the backlit keys!! not very savy so finding things is harder than ever for me!!

an update, its fast BUT opens or closes stuff when the cursor just goes by, adjusted to slowest mode but little help + love the backlit keys!! not very savy so finding things is harder than ever for me!!
Turn off tap to click.

Back