Reboot on Audi TT 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently bought an Audi TT 2008 2.0T with a DSG transmission and I'd like to give a good "reboot", in cleaning the fuel system with whatever product would be optimal for me. I went to a car retailer today and I was left standing in front of the additives shelf for a good 15 minutes, trying to figure out which ones are scams and which ones are genuinely beneficial. The car has 59xxxx KM which is approx 37k Miles, and the thing is this car is from the United States and now I'm riding it in Canada, so I'm guessing the fuel may not be exactly the same ?

you can use Techron CONCENTRATE, or Gumout Regane and get very good results--just don't over-use it. My vehicles get one or the other( whichever is on sale), twice a year, whether they need it or not.
Stay away from the 'store' brands like WalMart. Autozone, Canadian Tire also STP, --they are mostly kerosene

Sorry to wake this one up...

VW/Audi offers fuel additives that aren't too expensive and have been proven to work in their cars(gasoline).

part#s ZVW239003 & G001770A2

While they can be used regularly as 'maintanence doses', there are TSBs regarding their use in higher concentration to solve specific issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back