really good inside car fragrance

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean to tell me you guys don't just throw orange peels into the back seat?

I have a Citrus spray (forget the brand but is some orange oil type) I blast the seats and the carpeting and my cars smell like an Orange for a few days.

If I avoid the Del Taco Bean & Cheese burritos (green sauce of course) I don't need to do this as often.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

I like new car smell. As in get a new car and dont let the smell out. My chevy is 2.5 years old and still smells new. As for my '94 toyota, it smells like butt. Sometimes you can get new rubber floor mats and it will give a pseudo-new car smell for a few weeks.

quote:

Originally posted by mstrjon32:

quote:

Originally posted by Mike242GT:
McDonald's french fries seem to work best in my car. Available locally almost everywhere. The fragrance doesn't seem to last very long (even with "super size") although my cardiologist keeps telling me that the other effects do.

You should try leaving a bag full of take out chinese food in your car overnight. Last summer I was out with a lady friend and we had chinese, didn't quite finish it, and when we got back to my place I tottally forgot that it was sitting on the floor in the back. The next day I went out to my car which was baking in the hot summer 95 degree sun and opened the door to a most unpleasant stench of chinese food. It reeked for over a week, and lingered quite a while after that.

I once left some prime rib sitting in the vehicle during hot weather,4 day weekend.I almost threw up when I got in the car,smelled like rotting carcass.

I prefer the natural approach in my car. Generally, eating a plateful of heavily spiced enchiladas, tamales, and frejoles every two or three days allows me to maintain my car interior's unique aroma almost continually. I beam in the knowledge that everything's just right when my passenger(s) comment, "Geez, Ray, I'll bet you feel better!" when they initially slide in.

(It's always heartening when good friends comment on my well-being - that's when I know I'm a regular guy.)

[ June 06, 2004, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

Bath and Body Works from New Albany, Ohio has these little $13 thingies that plug into your cigarette lighter. You put these $8 wicks into it. They have a variety scents - some are admittedly girlie. Some aren't. But I find the scents to be more, uh, "upscale" than they typical Pep Boys fare. Right now they are having a sale on the stuff, 75% off.

Ray H,

I eat so much Mexican food I don't even react to it anymore.

Fake Mexican (like the aforementioned Del Taco mystery beans) is another story. If I really wanna go through a bottle of Citrus spray just feed me lots of Bratwurst suarkraut (sp?) and beer.
shocked.gif

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Yeah, new rubber car mats smell really good and will keep your car smelling great for a month. Ever go into Walmart when they stock fresh car mats in the auto section?? The thick Rubber tred mats smell like that sweet rubber smell, and being that there like $5 a piece at my walmart, and are not those paper thin ones, i buy em every year, and they smell great. lol

I use Vanilla Ozium to kill Cat box odor. If it can help with that, it can help with anything. There are other scents, but I don't care for them.

-T

A brand-new tire.

Or, somehow bottle the scent of an old-fashioned shoe repair shop.

I've always found that a big bar of Irish Spring Soap is good.

Peel a few slices off every now and then to keep it fresh. Never gets too hot in interior (my temp gauge hits 160F in less than ten minutes in the car, windows down, during a hot summer day. Closed is something else again).

And, these days, "Febreze" all the cloth surfaces and let it sit in the sun.

quote:

Originally posted by hkkc:
I like B.O.
fruit.gif

Man, YOU must be the previous owner of my Saturn. I still can't get that musty BO smell out! Turtle Wax's interior fabric cleaner helps, but it's still not gone.

FeBreeze last for a week, then turns into some ranky smelling stuff once the main frarance is depleted.

I'll try the bar soap..the previous owner should have used some himself! lol

Fabreeze I think it's called, at less than $4.00 a bottle from Wal-Mart. Once a week I lightly spray the carpets, a bottle will last three months or more. In an emergency I always carry a bottle of WD-40, spray the door hinges for that unique one a kind fragrance! Seems to help control those annoying squeaks from opening and closing doors too. Not to mention it's a great last minute under the hood detailer, like armour all!

I've used Febreze on two smoker's vehicles. I spray it on all cloth interior parts every day until I use the entire bottle. Never has failed yet to almost completely knock out the smell.

I used a product from Meguires, cannot remember right off waht it is called, but it is in a small bottle, and looks kinda like urine(!). But works VERY well in removing odors, and does not leave a 'perfumey' smell like Fabreze. I got it at AutoZone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back