REALLY... aggressive driver today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I gotta question for you lawman:

While at a stoplight, these motorcycle riders that go in between lanes to get to the front of the pack; is that legal? I swear, a lot of times there's only a 1/2 inch gap between my car door and the motorcycle when it's going past my driver's side car door.

Don't even get me started on them.

I experience this on the highway in the wintertime. Especially in a snowstorm where the snowflakes are the size of "SNOOPY Flakes"!

Everyone on the highway is traveling at appropriate speeds for the weather condition as it's taking a very long time just to travel one mile. There's always 'that' one or two 4X4's that passes all other traffic, kicking up snow to the point of causing a "whiteout" for all other drivers.

A few miles down the highway, there is that 4X4 down in the runoff ditch in between the north & south bound lanes. Buried in snow, all I can think of is, I hope they're not hurt but, I am glad they're now inconvenienced.

You can hear passing drivers HONK their horns as they pass the ditched 4X4. You can hear the honking horns even over the slush scrapping under our own vehicle and wipers slinging back & forth.

I do hope no one gets hurt!

Last edited:
4th of July weekend there were some kids obnoxiously riding dirt bikes around the lake. Passing cars, being excessively loud. Etc. A DNR officer was pulling out of a boat launch right as they tore by.. He chased after them boat trailer and all. Lol.

True story: A few years ago, I was driving through Escondido, CA, and got to a school zone. It was in the afternoon, right around time for school to be out. There was a giant sign above the road, with flashing yellow lights, that said, "25 MPH when lights are flashing." There was a marked police car about three cars ahead of me, and we're all going a little over 25 mph, not quite 30. Guy in front of me pulls left, and passes the cop. What is it they say about stupidity ought to hurt? In this case it did, the cop just waits for the knucklehead to complete his pass, and throws the lights on. Really brought a smile to my face.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
True story: A few years ago, I was driving through Escondido, CA, and got to a school zone. It was in the afternoon, right around time for school to be out. There was a giant sign above the road, with flashing yellow lights, that said, "25 MPH when lights are flashing." There was a marked police car about three cars ahead of me, and we're all going a little over 25 mph, not quite 30. Guy in front of me pulls left, and passes the cop. What is it they say about stupidity ought to hurt? In this case it did, the cop just waits for the knucklehead to complete his pass, and throws the lights on. Really brought a smile to my face.

And as sad as it may be, the cop probably pulled him over because he was upset he was passed..

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I gotta question for you lawman:

While at a stoplight, these motorcycle riders that go in between lanes to get to the front of the pack; is that legal? I swear, a lot of times there's only a 1/2 inch gap between my car door and the motorcycle when it's going past my driver's side car door.

Legal in California.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

And as sad as it may be, the cop probably pulled him over because he was upset he was passed..

Very true! Once there was a cop driving in the right line a couple of MPG below the speed limit. Everyone was afraid to pass him and drove behind the cop. I said screw it, changed to the left line and passed him very slowly driving a couple of MPG over the limit. Sure enough, he pulled me over. I didn't get a ticket, but he clearly showed me he was in power. I guess locals knew him and avoided the confrontation.

Nope. That is called "lane splitting". Here in MD it carries a decent fine, and 2 points?? I will have to check but yes, it is illegal. Typically here a lot of drivers open there doors on them. Stupid does not make stupid right.

Lane splitting is not legal. However, if 2 motorcycles are doing that in the same lane it is fine. But not with a passenger vehicle.

For the most part, drivers are pretty considerate in Western NY. You do get the occasional goof ball, be it on 2 or 4 wheels.

What really ticks me off are aggressive tractor-trailer drivers. That's stupid x10.

Around here, the affluent elitists somehow think that they are soooo privileged and entitled, that they do not even have to slow down for stop signs, let alone actually STOP for them!
mad.gif

They also get quite p***ed off if you (heaven forbid) actually WANT to stop for these said signs, and obey the law, if they are behind you.

I'm guessing that because they make so many times more than others, their precious time is worth much more than anyone else's??
Either that, or they figure they have soooo much that they can afford to pay fines and the subsequent exorbitant insurance increases, or pay off the cops and traffic court judges to not even get the fines/points to begin with (IF they don't actually know/are friends with the judges).

I don't have to explain WHAT types of vehicles these uppity, snooty, rich b****es pilot, do I?

I don't mind being passed ... its when people have to be so aggressive about it. Or pass then get back in your lane a foot in front of you to make their turn...

Originally Posted By: jsfalls
I don't mind being passed ... its when people have to be so aggressive about it. Or pass then get back in your lane a foot in front of you to make their turn...

This is why I mind being passed. I have had a few too many instances for someone to pass me and then make a turn within 5 seconds of passing me without using the optional equipped turn signal.

You guys need a 'roadhog' mobile(check- WC Fields). I like to take my battered, but dead reliable '65 Wildcat at times where I have to drive in areas more likely to find 'driver issues'-they generally give me lots of room and stay away-if they don't I could 'pop them off into the weeds'

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

Very true! Once there was a cop driving in the right line a couple of MPG below the speed limit. Everyone was afraid to pass him and drove behind the cop. I said screw it, changed to the left line and passed him very slowly driving a couple of MPG over the limit. Sure enough, he pulled me over. I didn't get a ticket, but he clearly showed me he was in power. I guess locals knew him and avoided the confrontation.

You passed a cop, in front of other people, going over the speed limit and you're complaining about getting stopped and warned? Why didn't you pass him at the speed limit if he was driving less than the speed limit? Maybe he was trying to avoid leading a parade while driving the speed limit.

It is entirely possible the situation could have been avoided if you had a standard speedometer. Converting fuel economy to speed must be very involved.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

You passed a cop, in front of other people, going over the speed limit and you're complaining about getting stopped and warned? Why didn't you pass him at the speed limit if he was driving less than the speed limit? Maybe he was trying to avoid leading a parade while driving the speed limit.

It is entirely possible the situation could have been avoided if you had a standard speedometer. Converting fuel economy to speed must be very involved.
grin.gif

Yeah, MPG or MPH, they do look the same when you have dyslexia like I have.

I passed him a COUPLE of MPH above the limit on my speedometer that was right at the speed limit if you calculate in the speedometer error. I can clearly tell you it was all about power. I didn't get a ticket because I was not speeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back