Rayovac Indestructible LED 2AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up this Rayovac LED Indestructible 2AA flashlight at HD today. It's rated at 100 lumens and it certainly delivers. Very rugged construction which makes for a great beater flashlight. You don't have to worry much about it getting damaged. Supposedly tested to survive a drop from 30 feet. Don't ask me to verify it for you.
smile.gif

It's got a fairly narrow beam, good for long throws outdoors. Maybe not so great for lighting up large surfaces indoors, so keep that in mind.

Good buy at $15, batteries included. If you need a cheap rugged LED flashlight, this is nice.

There is a 2D version of this light out now, too, but my local HD did not have it.

http://www.rayovac.com/Products/Lights/Work/Virtually-Indestructible-LED-2AA-Flashlight.aspx

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?327586-Rayovac-Indestructable

rayo3xC.png

I've used Cree-emitter based LED lights for a long time now, though I have a rather chunky 800 lumen one that runs on laptop lithium batteries, but yeah, same deal. The stuff is fantastic and finally replaces the big [censored] Maglites as flashlights you can truly abuse and they'll keep delivering.

Just watch the glass on the front, thats about the only thing you can break, beyond maybe manufacturing defects killing it.

Or accidentally leaving a high power one on all night long. It will get roasty!

I love my magcharger! Expensive but I've had it 6 years and has paid for itself. Plus it's bright!

Might have to pick one of theses up as the mini mags I have aren't very bright at all.

I still like to have my heavy 3 cell mag light for the same reason Police wear them. You never know... especially when broken down on the side of the road. I also like the wide spread when I walk my dog at night in the country (on vacation). I'll probably pick up the LED bulb for it. I just might pick up the one you show for the toolbox. It seems really cool.

Originally Posted By: johnachak
I also like the wide spread when I walk my dog at night in the country (on vacation).

Yeah, I'm looking for something with a a good wide spread beam and decent battery life myself. That 2D version of Rayovac Indestructible may be the answer, alas, so far I can only find it on Amazon and don't want to bother with returns if I don't like it.

I have a couple of these for camping. They are the best flashlights I have seen for the price. Nice construction and output. Only downside is that there is no knurling so they are a little slick to hold onto.

The head lamps of the same make and name are also very good for the price.

Picked up another neat little light today. This one takes a single AA battery and is rated at 50 lumens. If anyone needs a flashlight that fits in the shirt's pocket, this thing is great. The beam is nicely spread so it covers a good amount of surrounding area, too. Run time is rated at 2.5 hours, but that's probably a bit optimistic. Anyway, awesome little light.

The LED is a bit off center, but it doesn't appear to be affecting the beam. All three units that I saw at Target had this issue. Other than that, it's metal and has a knurled grip.

I'm sure there are better 1xAA flashlights out there, but probably not for $15.

31eOSm9p-aL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

I got 4 FAR LED flash lights(3 AAA batteries) from Pep Boys on Black Friday 6-7 years ago. It's working with original batteries, mainly because I and my family hardly ever use any. It was very bright with fresh batteries, it's dimmer with 6-7 years old batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back