Rant: I *HATE* popups, "subscribe," redirects, "can we help you" chat boxes,

I would wager 95% of people hate these really annoying popup boxes which do nothing but interfere with the reason I went to the website. I doubt they are overall successful at their reason for occurring, and do little but frustrate and aggravate the user. If you visit 50 websites, you'll be treated to nearly 50 of these annoying bubbles...

If I want to subscribe, call you, or chat with you, I am capable of finding your contact button if you simply post it in an obvious location. GRRRRRRRRRR

Same here. I just went through this with Samsung. After all was said and done, they wouldn't quote me a price without my mailing address. Ultimately not only did they make things harder than it needed to be, they lost the sale as well.

I'm dealing with a situation where, on a government website, I want to print the useful information to give it to someone. But there's a annoying pandemic popup that I cannot remove, that cuts off important parts of the page on the print preview button. These idiots make me want to pull my hair out sometimes!

They are the worst. Even add blocker doesn’t get it all. the worst for me is the delay in the popup. I go to advance auto and start typing a part and by the second letter i get a popup asking if i want 20% of my order. It messes up the whole flow

I love the "I don't care about cookies" browser addon. It prevents the cookie notification popups on most sites. There's a version for both Chrome and Firefox.

I don't mind them if they are related to what I am doing on their site (customer service, warning about incompatibile settings, etc). I do not want to buy Viagara from a pop-up ads when I am downloading anime however, so thank you every much.

Oh, I forgot about all the new trend about cookie notifications. I'm honestly so sick and tired of all the scams, monitoring, ads, and so forth from all the internet sites that it's enough to just not want to ever deal with them.

Remember back when the internet was really useful and not super invasive or cumbersome?

i usually just ask them a bunch of inane questions and insult them... someone probably gets reports from this...

Paywall i just close the tab...

I would wager 95% of people hate these really annoying popup boxes which do nothing but interfere with the reason I went to the website. I doubt they are overall successful at their reason for occurring, and do little but frustrate and aggravate the user. If you visit 50 websites, you'll be treated to nearly 50 of these annoying bubbles...

If I want to subscribe, call you, or chat with you, I am capable of finding your contact button if you simply post it in an obvious location. GRRRRRRRRRR
I know what this is all about - you wanted to see John Travolta’s mansion - had to look at 20 others - and kept clicking on the wrong “next”
😷

I get it, nothing is free, advertising pays the bills. but boy are they annoying! I do think sometimes about what would happen if I unplugged from the internet, would my life get better or not.

This dealers website on my phone is totally unusable. You have the black bar across the screen then the red and black bar down below for chat and text. Then you have the location bubble pop up right dead center in the screen.
4AC956AA-8295-4692-80FE-808FE09B5FF0.jpg

Back