Question about Cartridge Bypass Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed a RACOR LFS-802 bypass filter on my 2002 Dodge CTD. A cartridge, but not a spin on. RACOR because they are experts in industrial filtering and Parker-Hannifin has been around for a long time doing what they do.

Advertised as 1 micron. I do not know if absolute or not. Using Mobile 1 SUV & Truck CI-4. Will be doing oil analysis to see how things are going. Did a flow rate @ warm oil, 45 psi, idle, 54.5 seconds / quart (average of 2 samples). will do 3 more timed samples this weekend to average the 5.

Bob Weis

quote:

Originally posted by RWeis:
RACOR because they are experts in industrial filtering and Parker-Hannifin has been around for a long time doing what they do.

Bob Weis

The filter is made by oil guard for Racor. Do a search for oil guard for replacement filters. You can usually buy them in packs of 6 for a reasonable price from Oilguard.

The filter is 3 microns or less absolute, 1 micron nominal(50%) Hope that helps.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
[QB]
These filters are used on old flathead and industrial engines .These are the type of filters that were used on engines before full flow filters. Also some filters were packed with a cotton type fiber.

You mean one of these??

-

Nope. The filters that are being discussed here are spin-on filters just like normal full flows. The have either paper or glass impregnated paper elements inside.

-

PART NUMBER: B164

Descriptions : Microlite By-Pass Lube Spin-on
Notes : Can be used with OB1305 base.
Contains : Flow Control Orifice
Fits : Carrier Refrigeration Units
Replaces : Carrier-Transicold 30-00304-00
Thread : 5/8-18
O.D. : 3 11/16 (93.7)
Length : 7 1/8 (181.0)
I.Gskt : G381-A
Related to : B50, BT341 (Short Versions)

-

UPC Number: 765809517042
Principal Application: Transicold Refrigeration Units w/Perkins Engines
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: By-Pass
Media: Paper
Height: 6.952
Outer Diameter Top: 3.663
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 5/8-18
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
15614 2.834 2.462 0.255 [/QB The spin on bypass filters above are included in the type of bypass filters referred to in my post. I spent 23 years working on a lot of industrial equipment. I know them well.

[ May 23, 2005, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Steve S ]

quote:

The spin on bypass filters above are included in the type of bypass filters referred to in my post. I spent 23 years working on a lot of industrial equipment. I know them well.

IC ..I've just never seen a flathead with a spin-on ..but I have seen many with a canister bypass ..and yes those were at times packed with cotton.

I've often wanted to pick up one of the vintage canister types and modify it for TP or some other media for a "perkulation" effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back