QSUP Walmart $18.82 Five quart jug. 5W30..

Walmart had Quaker State FSHM 5w-30 Motor Oil on sale for this price for the last couple of months but that's back to normal price now. It seems the sale has shifted to the FSUP 5w-30 now.

Good buy considering FS is actually more than the FSUP.

In case price is a factor in anyone's oil buying decision:
Price for Quaker State High Mileage Full Synthetic 5W-30 has gone up on Walmart's website for a 5 quart jug from $18.82 to $22.97.
So Super Tech is the best value now in High Mileage Full Synthetic 5 quart jugs at $18.98.

In case price is a factor in anyone's oil buying decision:
Price for Quaker State High Mileage Full Synthetic 5W-30 has gone up on Walmart's website for a 5 quart jug from $18.82 to $22.97.
So Super Tech is the best value now in High Mileage Full Synthetic 5 quart jugs at $18.98.
Best value for FS right now would be Pennzoil w/rebate.

Best value for FS right now would be Pennzoil w/rebate.
On Walmart's website, Quaker State seems to be discounting 1 type of oil at a time and rotating the discounts perhaps monthly.
Right now the Quaker State Ultimate Protection is now on sale for $18.82 for 5 quart jug and it's marketed as a 20,000 mile oil.

Anytime we can save is a good day IMO. :)
I just look for value (good quality at the lowest price) across the board on any purchase I make for everything. It frees up a lot of money for monthly savings. The way I look at it, 5 years from now, it won't matter what oil you used today, but it will matter how low you paid for it, as then you'll have invested those savings in an appreciating asset and be wealthier 5 years from now. This is just a small example, but applied to every purchase, the dollars can really add up fast. Just my opinion.

I really think Walmart gets this point, as the Walmart store brands are good quality at a very low price.
Another example is shampoo. My wife was buying these small bottles of shampoo and conditioner at $14 per bottle.
I instead got these huge bottles of shampoo and conditioner from Walmart's store brand ("Equate") for $4.88 a bottle.
She actually likes the Walmart store brand shampoo and conditioner better than those expensive small bottles of some name brand.

I just look for value (good quality at the lowest price) across the board on any purchase I make for everything. It frees up a lot of money for monthly savings. The way I look at it, 5 years from now, it won't matter what oil you used today, but it will matter how low you paid for it, as then you'll have invested those savings in an appreciating asset and be wealthier 5 years from now. This is just a small example, but applied to every purchase, the dollars can really add up fast. Just my opinion.

I really think Walmart gets this point, as the Walmart store brands are good quality at a very low price.
Another example is shampoo. My wife was buying these small bottles of shampoo and conditioner at $14 per bottle.
I instead got these huge bottles of shampoo and conditioner from Walmart's store brand ("Equate") for $4.88 a bottle.
She actually likes the Walmart store brand shampoo and conditioner better than those expensive small bottles of some name brand.
That's the right mindset for living affordably.

Excellent price, thanks for posting. Strangely its only the 5w-30 variant.
I moved to 5W-30 from 20 weight oil 3 years ago, as I wanted the higher HTHS protection.
I had learned that in Europe and Australia nearly all the same engines speced for 20 or 16 weight in the US are speced for 30 and 40 weight oils abroad.

Back