Purpose of Firearm Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A gun forum on BITOG does not and will not cause societal issues that some posters are worried. Yes, there is a deep paranoia in the postings of some members but that is to be expected. I highly doubt that these members pose any threat to others.

Well interestingly enough...I have actually learned a lot about different firearms and lubes/cleaners on here from some of the more experienced members here.

Specifically, which gun oils exist (that I knew nothing about) plus which gun greases exist (again I knew nothing about those either) and which cleaning solvents/fluids are good for which types of ammunition. (knew none of those either)and where to buy them.

Now I have a full cleaning kit assembled and on some of my new firearms the synthetic greases I got have made a big difference. So the actual name of this section is why I first came here and proved out to be some really valuable information for me.

So, to all of you who helped me I say THANKS! I needed that.

To all of the gun hater trolls: Pleas troll elsewhere.

Last edited:
Leave it the way it is. If a person causes trouble, warn them, and then ban them if they continue. I enjoy the freedom of this forum. Most other gun sites are strictly controlled and they will lock a thread over the slightest drift. I wish threads would just be locked instead of deleted. Often times, good info is removed.

It's been a long week. Where is the link to the other shooting forum mentioned?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
http://www.practicallyshooting.com/community/

This looks like a very interesting website for people who like guns. If the internet troll goes there along with his anti-gun fellow fanatics, I assume they would immediately ban him?

Anyway, maybe I will start going to that website for information on guns and ammunition and shooting.

Originally Posted By: whip
Leave it the way it is. If a person causes trouble, warn them, and then ban them if they continue.

^^This.

Originally Posted By: Mystic

This looks like a very interesting website for people who like guns. If the internet troll goes there along with his anti-gun fellow fanatics, I assume they would immediately ban him?

Anyway, maybe I will start going to that website for information on guns and ammunition and shooting.

I go on there too.

I'm pleased that you reminded me, I hadn't been on there for ages.

Before this post gets shut down, and I think it should be shut down because it has already started into a pro and anti gun discussion, I just want to say that maybe the anti-gun people are starting to realize that they will be shut down also. And that is worth everybody being shut down in discussions that do not involve strictly firearms, and lubrication and maintenance of firearms.

Remember, the guys who like guns can always go to other websites, such as the one mentioned in a post earlier in this thread. And I doubt the anti-gun fanatics will be permitted at those websites for very long. So in the end, the guys who like guns, like discussing guns, etc., have won.

Maybe if all discussion of anything controversial was shut down at this website, the rethread internet troll would move on. After all, this website at its heart is about motor oils, lubrication, auto maintenance related subjects, etc.

Remember guys-we already have a section here devoted to firearms, lubrication and maintenance of firearms, etc. We already know we are pro-gun. We don't have to give a platform for the anti-gun people. The thing to do is shut down all discussion about pro and anti gun arguments. The ones who really lose are the fanatical anti-gun people. Think about it.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, how about those Hoppe's #9 Air Freshener 3 Packs?
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: totegoat
thumbsup2.gif

They smell the best during the hot summer, especially after the car was parked in the sun with the windows shut tight.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: totegoat
thumbsup2.gif

Makes a great after-shave

Before this post gets shut down, and I think it should be shut down because it has already started into a pro and anti gun discussion, I just want to say that maybe the anti-gun people are starting to realize that they will be shut down also. And that is worth everybody being shut down in discussions that do not involve strictly firearms, and lubrication and maintenance of firearms.

Remember, the guys who like guns can always go to other websites, such as the one mentioned in a post earlier in this thread. And I doubt the anti-gun fanatics will be permitted at those websites for very long. So in the end, the guys who like guns, like discussing guns, etc., have won.

Maybe if all discussion of anything controversial was shut down at this website, the rethread internet troll would move on. After all, this website at its heart is about motor oils, lubrication, auto maintenance related subjects, etc.

Remember guys-we already have a section here devoted to firearms, lubrication and maintenance of firearms, etc. We already know we are pro-gun. We don't have to give a platform for the anti-gun people. The thing to do is shut down all discussion about pro and anti gun arguments. The ones who really lose are the fanatical anti-gun people. Think about it.

I recommend that you visit that other site if you haven't done so already.

I will probably try to become a member at that website pretty soon.

But if people can understand what I am talking about, if the platforms for the haters can be removed and they no longer have a forum for their hatred of guns, or the USA, or the military, the police, or whatever and whoever else they hate, they might move on. If the only section where they could express their hatred was in the General and Off Topic Section, the moderators would be able to police that section better.

I personally get tired of somebody coming to the Firearms Section and trying to pound their anti-gun mumbo jumbo at the people here.

In the Firearms Section we can already talk about guns, gun maintenance, gun lubrication and so forth. So why should we even care about the anti-gun rhetoric? To me, it should be obvious to everybody that people in the section are pro-gun and interested in guns and gun maintenance. What happened recently in my opinion was almost like an attack. If all discussion pro and con about civilian gun ownership is no longer allowed here, who is affected the most? The anti-gun people are affected most because the people in this section can still talk about guns.

Even now there are attempts to bring back the pro and anti gun discussions. It is not going to be allowed anyway by the moderators but even if those discussions were allowed again, we would be playing into the hands of the anti-gun people.

I am done trying to convince anybody. According to what a moderator said recently, discussions going beyond guns and gun maintenance will no longer be allowed in this section anyway. So it does not matter anyway.

But the next time I see some anti-gun guy trying to post something about how civilian gun ownership should not be allowed, I am reporting it to a moderator. Because people have already been warned anyway. I don't need the rhetoric of the anti-gun fanatics in the Firearms Section.

I've seen far more progressive people on gun websites in the last couple of years. They tend to dump their slop and run, just like they do in the comment sections on Fox News. They have no place in either, but they like to kick up dust in unfamiliar territory. It's how they operate. They know conservatives don't have a thing to do with their websites. This war has been going on for a while. It's only going to get worse.... A LOT worse.

I was not going to say anything else but what you said is very true. I don't go to the websites of the radicals. I have no interest in their websites and I don't know why they would be interested in the Firearms Section at bobistheoilguy.com. If I was anti-gun and anti- civilian ownership of guns I would not even think about going to a Firearms Section at a website.

In order to keep it from getting worse here at this website, I am finding myself agreeing more and more with JHZR2. At first I kind of disagreed with him but I can see the wisdom of it now. All of this nonsense needs to be stopped. Any controversial subject should be brought up in the General and Off Topic Section.

The important point is that in the Firearms Section here at bobistheoilguy.com people interested din guns and gun maintenance can discuss all of that but they don't have to put up with the anti-gun rhetoric. Just report anybody who does start bringing that up.

Just do what they do. If a person makes a conservative point on a progressive liberal website, (even if it was polite and well articulated), they'll delete it and ban you.

Do the same here. When they start in with their anti gun slop, just give them the boot. Why does this type of thing have to be one sided? They're only coming here to cause trouble, not to try and convince anyone. I run into this on the Jeep forum. I was kicked off a BMW forum for just mentioning firearms in a related post. I've been called a "gun humper" among other things just for mentioning firearms. These clowns are everywhere. We can easily eliminate a lot of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back