Purolator PureOne Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
1376 mile cut-open on a Purolator PureOne PL24651 filter. 135,093 miles on the 2001 Ford F-150 with the 4.6L V8. I've had the truck for about 8,000 miles. I had done a fresh oil change with Valvoline 5W20 conventional oil and added 12 ounces of Auto-RX. I did the 1500 mile filter change a little early but it looks like it's doing its job!

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
What did you replace it with?

What was the date code on this can you cut?

I replaced it with the same thing as I had ordered three of them to do the Auto-RX flush. Not sure about the date code; unfortunately it's at the bottom of the trash dumpster as I emptied the garage trash right after this. The code on the third filter is: "F03H10G2" which I would assume is the same. I have no idea what that means, however.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Was this yellow or blue?

I'd say it's more gold than yellow but definitely not blue.

Originally Posted By: SlowKid
slacktide_bitog said:
I replaced it with the same thing as I had ordered three of them to do the Auto-RX flush. Not sure about the date code; unfortunately it's at the bottom of the trash dumpster as I emptied the garage trash right after this. The code on the third filter is: "F03H10G2" which I would assume is the same. I have no idea what that means, however.

F - Fayetteville, NC
03 - March
H - 2016
10 - the 10th day of the month
G - production line
2- shift

March 10, 2016

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
March 10, 2016

I would have thought they were done making the yellow P1s by March 2016 ... guess not.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
slacktide_bitog said:
I would have thought they were done making the yellow P1s by March 2016 ... guess not.

Yeah, for some reason, the P1 was late to transition. They switched in March or April, as I've seen April-made filters with the new can. The blue can and red gasket looks pretty
smile.gif

Nice to see a cut and post of one of those very few people in the know even look at them anymore most of us like quality filters that are drama free. Is that the only picture you have of that filter any of the center tube and inside the base plate?? Were there lots of sharp metal on the inside baseplate and were there louvers that were barely open on the center tube..hmmm
Thank you for the cut and post.

At 1376 miles on a filter designed for 4,000-8,000 miles, it really doesn't prove its durability. If it would tear, that would likely come at 2X to 5X that mileage. I'd expect even the cheapest of filters to be find at 1500 miles. Not much different than cutting open a new filter and checking for defects.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Nice to see a cut and post of one of those very few people in the know even look at them anymore most of us like quality filters that are drama free. Is that the only picture you have of that filter any of the center tube and inside the base plate?? Were there lots of sharp metal on the inside baseplate and were there louvers that were barely open on the center tube..hmmm
Thank you for the cut and post.

No, unfortunately the only photos I took were about the same. The trash man picked it up this morning so there's no going back now! I'll do a better job with the next two filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back