purolatorpureonepl24651.jpg

Purolator PureOne-PL24651-4:

Purolator PureOne-PL24651-5:

Purolator PureOne-PL24651-6:

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
It looks like they kind of got a little messy with the resin.Also,the filter media looks similar to the MOPAR filter media.

They did; the filter ends was covered in it
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
It looks like they kind of got a little messy with the resin.Also,the filter media looks similar to the MOPAR filter media.

crazy2.gif

That would bother me in a way,as to the oil heating it up and it peeling and partially clogging the filter.Or,am I thinking too much out of the box?

crazy2.gif

That would bother me in a way,as to the oil heating it up and it peeling and partially clogging the filter.Or,am I thinking too much out of the box?

I bet it's stuck on pretty good, and it's heat and oil resistant, otherwise there would be an issue with all the resin. Guess they need to improve their manufacturing process to keep the sloppiness down.

crazy2.gif

I think it just looks sloppy but will not cause any problems (and if we never cut it open, we would have never known about it). The MC filter that had 8285 miles on it had some resin here and there, but it did not come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back