Pureone Air Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to buy one until I found out they are oiled. I heard this will wreck havoc on the MAF. Is there any truth to this and what are your opinion of the pureone air filters.

Some overoiled K&N filters have caused problems with oily/dirty MAF. The PureOne or the ToughGuard Fram oiled filters? the jury is still out on these.

I use the Pureone air filters on all of my vehicles for which they are available. Which include 1999 Cherokee 4.0, 1996 Ford chassis motorhome 460 cu in., and 2000 Silverado 4.8L. No problems. The oil is almost undetectable, except for a little film on the plastic wrap they come in. It also appears my throttle body is staying cleaner with these filters (on the silverado).

The idea of oil and the MAF is from over-oiled gauze type filters. It's a true statement.

However, how fortunate that I bought and installed a PureOne air filter on my truck not even an hour ago. I can answer this question with some authority, having used K&N filters on several vehicles in the past.

The PureOne has oil on it at an almost indetectable amount. I looked at it from three inches away and I couldn't see it. The difference in oil amounts is like the difference between a ounce and a gallon.

I don't believe there's enough oil on the filter to affect my MAF in any way.

If you should have trouble with a contaminated MAF you can try some spray MAF cleaner. It's pretty much just electronic contacts cleaner.

The Pure one IS a paper filter, it just has a little oil residue on it to "attract" dirt. With the amount on it, I don't think you'll have any MAF issues. It's a completely different setup then a K&N type filter.

I've used them the last couple time because they were only $2 more then the regular Purolator, but no Advance just jacked up all their filter prices, so I'm back to the regular style.

I will be changing our air filters this spring (what's that?
confused.gif
), and will see what Pep Boys has besides the orange wall.
shocked.gif
crushedcar.gif
puke.gif

I was in Advance yesterday and ended up buying the regular paper Purolator for the cavalier. The Impala's I'll get later as it was just changed in August/September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back