Purchased a Class A Motorhome on an F53 Chassiswith 7.3L, Larger filter options

Purchased a Class A Motorhome on an F53 Chassis with 7.3L V8 Godzilla Triton Motor
it uses an FL-820S M22x1.5 threads I feel that moving 26,000 lbs needs a bigger filter.
but I am unable to find one. are there any options out there?

FL2055 is an oversize IIRC.

here is a cross reference list for that filter size.

Purchased a Class A Motorhome on an F53 Chassis with 7.3L V8 Godzilla Triton Motor
it uses an FL-820S M22x1.5 threads I feel that moving 26,000 lbs needs a bigger filter.
Are you running that engine near redline all the time? If so, get the Ford Performance Racing 820 version of the filter (or equivalent a Fram Racing filter) if you're worried about filter dP at high engine RPM use.

only going through the mountains of West Virginia, it's redline all the way to the top, Brakes are Red all the way to the bottom.

Do you think putting an oil cooler on it would make more sense?

towing a ford flex adds a lot of extra weight
7Nqn0Me.jpg

Last edited:
only going through the mountains of West Virginia, it's redline all the way to the top, Brakes are Red all the way to the bottom.

Do you think putting an oil cooler on it would make more sense?
An oil cooler on a rig used like that can always be a benefit. Do you have an oil temperature gauge on it? What oil viscosity are you using?

Like mentioned above, if you're worried about the size of the filter then look into a filter with less dP vs flow like I suggested. The size of the filter (ie, total media area) mostly effects the pressure drop (dP) across the filter, but with a positive displacement oil pump that really won't matter much. The dP across the filter only really matters to the filter and what the filter bypass valve is set to. And also, a filter running at more dP can cause more stress on the filter and could possibly make the media fail/tear. The FL820S are somewhat prone to that, as seen by cut & posts here. Could get a wire-backed filter if you want added media robustness to higher and longer dP exposure.

Back