PU Availablility ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents:

I'm dying to test out the PU for the first time & follow-up with a UOA.

However, having really tough time finding 5w-30 PU gallon jugs in S. Cal Walmart. So far the only WM carries PU is 62 mi away from me, in quart bottles.

Based on your experience, will supply eventually catch up w/ demand at WM or should I pay 40% more & get it online instead ?

Last edited:
I dont think its coming back to WM.When my supply is gone (2-3 years worth) I will go to PP.

My local store still regularly stocks the jugs. Ask the store manager to get a case shipped in for you. They must still have it at a warehouse somewhere, and if you buy all 3 or 4 jugs that come in the case, he will have nothing to lose.

Good idea ! I'll give my local WM a call then.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
My local store still regularly stocks the jugs. Ask the store manager to get a case shipped in for you. They must still have it at a warehouse somewhere, and if you buy all 3 or 4 jugs that come in the case, he will have nothing to lose.

Probably not coming back. They have clearanced it all out here. None available within at least 50 miles, and I have a lot of Walmarts around me.

It is definitely hard to get up here in Montreal.

Pennzoil Ultra is an excellent product that is unparalleled for the price when it is on sale.

I find that good synthetic deals are drying up in general. My local WalMart only seems to carry 5L jugs now at full price.

Maybe the massive oil hoarders on this site had it right all along.

I have a paltry 2 year (or less) stash then it is Mazda 0W20 for our two cars.

If you find a deal on PU buy as much as you can at this point I think it is a dying product from reports I have read on this site and my own experience trying to get it.

Still plentiful in my local Walmarts!! Yayyyyy
smile.gif

As far as California is concerned, the product does not exist!
frown.gif

That said, being forced to try alternatives may be converting me from a brand fanatic to a discount synthetic consumer.

Looks like there are numerous options (OTC as well as self mixes) that get decent oils for similar or lesser price.

Of course I will switch to ULTRA in a blink, but I will not pay more than $25 retail for a 5G jug for it and rebates would be even better.

Any Walmart I've visited around here has Ultra in the 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 grades.
No clearances, no empty facings, just as many jugs of Ultra as you might want, at regular price, of course.
It appears that in those areas where the stores couldn't move Ultra, it's gone.
Where it moved, it's still available.

Originally Posted By: dgsbikes
frown.gif

That said, being forced to try alternatives may be converting me from a brand fanatic to a discount synthetic consumer.

Of course I will switch to ULTRA in a blink, but I will not pay more than $25 retail for a 5G jug for it and rebates would be even better.

In other words, you want quality but do not want to pay for it.

Originally Posted By: SigQAEngineer
Good idea ! I'll give my local WM a call then.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

Bring a printout of the item to their store with whatever stock number they use on it. Make sure you talk to a real manager rather than a couldn't-care-less person at the service desk. Good luck!

It's strange in this area, a bunch of stores cleared it out but some of the bigger automotive stores are still stocking it at full price.

Just dumped a clearance jug of 5w20 in our KIA tonight. Doubt I'll pay full price for it, there is always a good deal on something good available it seems.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
dgsbikes said:
frown.gif

So you want quality but refuse to pay for it. Interesting.

SigQAEnginner,

Call Pennzoil 1-800-237-8645, press 32....I have called them explaining problem. This has been posted before. Please call them, so we can get our Ultra at lower prices at Helmart.

Good hunting!

Pajero

Originally Posted By: Hermann
frown.gif

In other words, you want quality but do not want to pay for it.

I think you missed the word "over"! I want quality with a reasonable price tag on it. I have had it under $25 numerous times in the past. There's no way I am paying $40+ for 5 quarts of that oil especially when Walmart+SOPUS sold it for $25ish sticker minus rebates and still made profits big enough for both to share!

I could be wrong but I think they even dropped the add pack levels and TBN on this since it's original launch!

Last edited:
Will Do.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
SigQAEnginner,

Call Pennzoil 1-800-237-8645, press 32....I have called them explaining problem. This has been posted before. Please call them, so we can get our Ultra at lower prices at Helmart.

Good hunting!

Pajero

I could be wrong but I think they even dropped the add pack levels and TBN on this since it's original launch!

You are indeed wrong.

Originally Posted By: Umibozu

You are indeed wrong.

That's very good news. I would love to be wrong here!
smile.gif

BTW, anyone has any recent VOAs on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back