Problem With SpyBot 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an HP Pavilian P6000, model p6670t desktop computer running Windows 7 Home Premium. I have SpyBot S&D 2.0 which started causing error messages. On 10/9/2013 I installed the 1.6 version thinking it would overwrite the 2.0. Didn’t work that way. The 1.6 version works fine, I cannot get rid of the 2.0 version. I did an uninstall using IObit Uninstaller. IObit shows that the 2.0 is gone but I’m still having problems with it. When I go to Control Panel/uninstall Programs it’s still there, right along with the 1.6 version. I cannot get rid of it there. I’ll try to describe what I’ve run into with this:

When I boot up my computer I get the following message: SDCleaner. The program can’t start because rt150.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this program.
Right behind that I get the following: SDtray.exe. The program can’t start because rt150.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this program.
Right behind this I get again: SDtray.exe. The program can’t start because rt150.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this program.

Somewhere along here I get a prompt shown as: Open File – Security Warning, then the message, “Do you want to run....files\content.IE5\614R6IKU\spybotsd-2.1- SR2.exe. I run this thinking I might get it fully installed and maybe then I can get rid of it. It then tells me, “Uninstall previous installation Messages file “C:\Program Files (x86) Spybot – Search & Destroy2\unins000.msg” is missing. Please correct the program or obtain a new copy of the program.

I still have the Spybot 1.6 and it seems to work fine.

Thanks and my salute to someone who knows how to handle this. I’ve worked on this for 3 days and haven’t found a solution. I can find references to some of the error message on Microsoft.com but the limited information there is no help to me.
I use my computer daily but I'm not a master with it.

The easiest is to use system restore to the date before you have problem (before you install 1.6).

If that does not work and you are not confident search the registry, I would advise install and uninstall spybot one by one.
If you install the latest on is ver 1.6, just uninstall that one first to ensure it uninstall completely.
Reboot and then reinstall Spybot 2.0.
Once it works ok, reboot, and uninstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back