pretty colored bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried the powder-coated bullets? I have noticed a number of cast lead bullet makers now sell bullets in virtually any color. What load data would you use? Does the coating come off on the barrel?

Have used powder coated lead in my B92 in .44Mag.

Unfortunately they are a tad undersize for my barrel, and don't shoot well...more the application than the process IMO.

I powder coat as a business and can't see why anyone would powder coat a bullet??? What is the intent or purpose?? Just to have a pretty color?? It couldn't possibly offer any advantage or performance.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
I powder coat as a business and can't see why anyone would powder coat a bullet??? What is the intent or purpose?? Just to have a pretty color?? It couldn't possibly offer any advantage or performance.

From the Bayou Bullets website:

Our bullets greatly reduce the amount of smoke normally associated with cast bullets.
Lead fouling of the bore is drastically reduced and in most cases eliminated.
The coating gives off no toxic out gassing or particulate matter when fired.
Is absolutely non abrasive and contains no PTFE or MOLY.
There is no risk of receiving a delivery of bullets, only to find that the lube has melted and/or shaken out of the lube groove and lying on the bottom of the box.
No wax lube to gum up your loading dies.
These work great in most bullet feeders.
Minimizes your exposure to lead.
The end result is cleaner air, cleaner hands, cleaner reloading equipment and cleaner guns.

Seems like a good way to use lead without the lead vapor exposure. I was just wondering if anyone here ever used them and what their opinion was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back