Prestone Extended Life smells like alcohol????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drained, flushed & filled my 2004 Ford Taurus today of the factory fill with 96K on it. It drained a reddish/brown color. I then added 2.5 gallons of distilled water and ran the car up to operating temp and drained this out.

I then refilled with a 50/50 mixture of Prestone Extended life and distilled water. Now, the overflow container smells of alcohol. Not just a little bit, but enough to make your nose burn if when you look down in it.

Is this good???

i think its probably the bitterant they ad to prevent "abuse" of the product. I remember when I was replacing my intake manny that I got a good wiff of the antifreeze and it really was anoying and bitter.

Originally Posted By: defektes
i think its probably the bitterant they ad to prevent "abuse" of the product. I remember when I was replacing my intake manny that I got a good wiff of the antifreeze and it really was anoying and bitter.

People abuse/use antifreeze???? How is that possible!? Isn't it toxic???

At any rate, at least my coolant is fine/normal.

Thanks!

If they put "bitter" in it, it is so cats and dogs won't drink it.

actually they still find traces of antifreeze in french wine. the very expensive stuff too.

Yeah sure. Probably find traces of it in Napa Valley stuff too.
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back