Pre-Filling oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it when it was posted. I think the most surprising thing out of this situation is that there were actual people claiming he was tearing up his daughters car by prefilling the filter. I wonder what claims they're cooking up now that this test proved otherwise. :ROFLMAO:

Here we go again.... it is already being discussed at the moment. I just searched for "pre" using in the title only and in this subforum and there are literally 20+ topics for your pleasure to read.

Most recent one:

Search results:

Last edited:
I didn't see this posted yet, if it has I apologize. Also, this may not be the correct forum for it, but I thought it was pretty interesting to see the actual oil pressure delay.

I was kinda disappointed that he opted to make a video on this. Clearly there's nothing wrong with choosing to pre-fill, but in the grand scheme of things it's not going to make much of a difference.

Always fun reading about pre-filling filters. Not a bad idea at all however I have to believe only a very small percentage of mechanics do this. I do it sometimes but not all the time since it depends on the vehicle.

Always fun reading about pre-filling filters. Not a bad idea at all however I have to believe only a very small percentage of mechanics do this. I do it sometimes but not all the time since it depends on the vehicle.
But some "Mechanics" don't believe in using a torque wrench either so that's not saying much. They'll have you believe they have some sort of "Magical hands" that have a "Feel for it" even the difference between 20 & 21 ft/lbs. Magical hands! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I watched it when it was posted. I think the most surprising thing out of this situation is that there were actual people claiming he was tearing up his daughters car by prefilling the filter. I wonder what claims they're cooking up now that this test proved otherwise. :ROFLMAO:
I watched the first time it was posted too …

Does any oil filter manufacturer recommend (not require) pre-filling ? What about engine manufacturers ? Someone will mention that Caterpillar does though....

Locked.
Already covered in other threads.

BTW ... please use the "search" tool. Using "prefill" alone comes up with many threads, some of which already have the exact video you linked.

I mean, seriously ... how hard did you even look to see if the topic was already ongoing? See this screenshot of the filter forum; your thread and Bulls are almost even titled the same ...

1699305558791.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back