PQIA forms distinguished Advisory Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some industry heavy-hitters are now standing behind PQIA, representing major oil, major additive, and major independent lubricant manufacturing and distributing companies. These companies all strongly support PQIA's mission to serve consumers by testing and reporting on the quality and integrity of lubricants in the marketplace, and thereby encourage wider conformance by lubricant manufacturers to specification and performance claims.

This is an important milestone that will help launch PQIA to a new level of recognition and effectiveness. Board member's companies will continue to have their products subject to random sampling, testing, and publication by PQIA without their knowledge or influence.

PQIA Advisory Board

In addition, all Advisory Board members and PQIA financial supporters must agree to comply with PQIA's new Code of Ethical Business Conduct:

PQIA Code of Ethical Business Conduct

These advancements will help PQIA fill an important role in eliminating abuse in the largely self policed lubricants marketplace.

Tom NJ

Full disclosure: I am a member of PQIA's Advisory Board

When will PQIA be testing the major brands of SN/GF-5 oils ? Especially the synthetics such as SHELL , PENNZOIL , etc..

Great Job Tom! My hat is off to you and the members of your PQIA Advisory Board for the independent testing and publishing results of motor oils on the market for consumers.

You and your Organization have made me, as well as others on this forum, aware of quality oils on the market and oils sold in the retail sector that should be avoided and not used in late model vehicles. I look forward to future tests of Dino, Synthetic and HDEO engine oils to see the results. Cheers!

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I also enjoy your monthly pieces in LNG.

That's a different Tom. Tom Glenn writes for LNG, and he is also the founder and president of PQIA. He is a good and long time friend of mine. I am Tom Schaefer and serve as an advisor to PQIA. I also informally represent the interests of BITOG members (consumers) at PQIA.

We will get to all oils in time. Bear in mind, however, that PQIA's mission is not to provide free VOAs to BITOGers, but rather to serve consumers by exposing oils that fail to meet their specifications or claims, and to get these products fixed or removed from shelves where possible. PQIA has and will continue to monitor major oil company products, but there are many more private brands on the shelves across the country, and a much greater concentration of problem oils among them.

Tom NJ

The voa provided here or other spots, will have more of an impact than finding Fibar Oil in Sani Flush gas stations is not up to par IMHO.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back