Pots n' Pans recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by JayhawkRoy:
I would look at Costco's 14 piece non-stick anodized aluminum set for $150.

I saw that set. Despite the teflon, I'm considering it. I thought the quality *seemed* good, though I'm certainly not expert enough - not even close - to judge quality cookware.

Find the Dec 05 Consumer's Reports. They ran a whole article on Cookware and tested a whole bunch of sets. That's where I got the Costco info -- otherwise I would not go to Costco or Sam's to look at a cook set, normally. Based on the testing CR did, the Costco set is a good value, as is the Sam's Members Mark set. I looked at the Kirkland set yesterday while I was at Costco, and they seem to be good quality, I just don't like the idea of handwashing them.

quote:

Originally posted by JayhawkRoy:
Find the Dec 05 Consumer's Reports. They ran a whole article on Cookware and tested a whole bunch of sets.

Not sure why I hadn't thought of that...I've got a subscription and online access...

Thanks again
cheers.gif

I have some Revere stainless without the copper bottom. The bottom is thick, so I have to really try hard to burn something to the inside. I highly recommend it, if you can find it.

quote:

Originally posted by brian fix:
................there is anothor brand from Italy...........................

Maybe you are thinking of Tramontina? Brazilian based, but a lot of people think they are Italian. They do make some excellent cookware, they are also known for their knives. Their forged sets are a very good choice for those who don't want to spring for a set of Wusthof or Henckel blades.

I like stainless steel cookware (sandwiched aluminum base)without non-stick surfaces. Exception. I have a 12" teflon omelette pan I use for...........omelettes. I hate scraping sticky eggs. Oh, and a cast iron pan for cornbread, gotta have that.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back