Post Your RV w/Tow Vehicle

IMG_4995.jpeg

At about 4500 miles towed so far, and taking a short trip this weekend.

View attachment 192897View attachment 192898
How much does the trailer weigh? How does this work out in practice for driving comfort and so forth? I know the 2.3 Turbo has plenty of push compared to the malaise era trucks that I grew up with, but how is the driving dynamics with something that big behind it?

1994 Freightliner tractor and 2004 Keystone Montana 35ft 4 season. Took this the day I got the trailer in 2021. The trailer was bought to be a stepping stone until I can build a shop with living quarters and is doing great. I really like it. Been living in it full time since it was purchased.

Might travel with it down the road when the shop is done.

View attachment 192900
Back in the day when driving out of the teamsters line drivers local I really like the Freightliners.

How much does the trailer weigh? How does this work out in practice for driving comfort and so forth? I know the 2.3 Turbo has plenty of push compared to the malaise era trucks that I grew up with, but how is the driving dynamics with something that big behind it?
Do you have a photo of an RV to post here? Getting into the weeds with ALL of those questions & can lead to a downhill spiral of misunderstandings or personal positions.

Do you have a photo of an RV to post here? Getting into the weeds with ALL of those questions & can lead to a downhill spiral of misunderstandings or personal positions.
No, but I would like to own one eventually. Yes I agree there's a lot of opinions about tow vehicles. Not looking to start a debate, just curious about your experience.

No, but I would like to own one eventually. Yes I agree there's a lot of opinions about tow vehicles. Not looking to start a debate, just curious about your experience.
I totally get it we're all curious but It's best to send them a PM to minimize the "What's the weight?, your personal comfort?, & Interested in buying" questions type thread. I'd like to keep it clean w/photos instead.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: D60

To avoid cluttering up the thread.

Details on your question I've answered on the BITOG sister Rv site.

Last edited:
1994 Freightliner tractor and 2004 Keystone Montana 35ft 4 season. Took this the day I got the trailer in 2021. The trailer was bought to be a stepping stone until I can build a shop with living quarters and is doing great. I really like it. Been living in it full time since it was purchased.

Might travel with it down the road when the shop is done.

View attachment 192900
I love Cabovers....what kind of mpg towing

The same thing. Until I presented facts, then they begrudgingly accepted it. But as a whole, the group over there thinks midsizes can't tow much more than a pop-up.

Having too much is never a bad idea at all, and I don't argue that. I argue for using reason, facts, and your comfort level when figuring out what to do and how to go about it.

I don't think everyone should tow what I do with my truck, but it is well within the truck and my abilities. Not everyone needs/wants a 1/2-3/4 ton truck for various reasons and those people should be able to have a reasonable conversation with people about it as opposed to just being written off with a wave of the hand and a 'get a bigger truck' comment.

But I gave up.
I mentioned I have the identical trailer and I tow with 375 horse power-twin turbos. If you stay in your neck of the woods-you have enough truck. The minute you came"out west" you would find out you don't.

I love Cabovers....what kind of mpg towing
Haven't towed the 5th wheel enough to know but my average loaded is 6.5-7mpg and bobtail it will easily do 10+. I've been delivering cattle handling equipment this week and running in the hills I'm around 6.5 for the week. Attached are two of the loads I've delivered.

Attachments

• IMG_8652.jpg
    IMG_8652.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8663.jpg
    IMG_8663.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 14
I mentioned I have the identical trailer and I tow with 375 horse power-twin turbos. If you stay in your neck of the woods-you have enough truck. The minute you came"out west" you would find out you don't.
I disagree, but I have no proof and no plans to come that way until at least 2026.

TFL took a ranger up the Ike with 7500 pounds off the back and made it at 60mph. 270hp/310lb-ft can get the job done it is just how fast do you want to go?

Following your logic the old 4.6's and 5.4's wouldn't have been able to do it either.

And yes, I saw your original post. I felt no need to respond. I'm not trying to change minds and you are an argumentative sort, so I let it lie.

Last edited:
I disagree, but I have no proof and no plans to come that way until at least 2026.

TFL took a ranger up the Ike with 7500 pounds off the back and made it at 60mph. 270hp/310lb-ft can get the job done it is just how fast do you want to go?

Following your logic the old 4.6's and 5.4's wouldn't have been able to do it either.

And yes, I saw your original post. I felt no need to respond. I'm not trying to change minds and you are an argumentative sort, so I let it lie.
CKN's already stated their postion in post #12 but they couldn't leave it alone so quoted you again to say the same thing. Don't let them get you ctech. These types of responses are precisely why I'm trying to keep it a photo thread. There are people that would rather just stir the pot instead of following simple guidelines. I'll counter their argument & say that you've thoughtfully executed your set-up & have the proper equipment. There's always going to be someone that doesn't like our set-up because it doesn't meet THEIR needs but they'd rather bring you down in the process LOL.

The first time was enough in your post #12. No need to keep dramatizing your position. Post a photo or move along.

Back