post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Honda Genuine Manual Transmission Fluid
approx. 1.6 quarts
2013 Honda Fit

I've been using Honda MTF since ca. 2007. Early in that period, the formula changed, and the bottles started to be produced with a white plastic cap. I change out the MT fluid frequently, probably every 10k mi. I am very happy with Honda MTF.

That said, I got on BITOG today to see if there was any benefit to changing to Amsoil's Synthetic Synchromesh Transmission Fluid (Stock #MTFQT). Still searching . . . .

Got the atf fluid changed in my wife's '14 CRV with ~134k miles. Had the shop use Amsoil SS Fuel Efficient ATF. Also had the inline filter replaced and got an alignment.

Man, does ATF smell terrible or what...

Last edited:
Got the atf fluid changed in my wife's '14 CRV with ~134k miles. Had the shop use Amsoil SS Fuel Efficient ATF. Also had the inline filter replaced and got an alignment.

Man, does ATF smell terrible or what...
yeah if you waited 134k miles 😭

yeah if you waited 134k miles 😭
Nah man, this wasn't the first time we did it. Honda pressured my wife into a flush at 30k. And I believe we did a drain and fill 2 more times after though may have been 3; all with DW-1. This is the first time using Amsoil in her trans. I have it in my B5 S4 but the old Amsoil ATF before they came out with the 2 different tiers of ATF; Sig and OE and before they offered the Fuel Efficient blend. I had that changed I think in 2010 or 2011 at 70k. Now, I'm at 99.8k and when I eventually get it back on the road, I'll have it done again.

Trans 6L80 R&R with factory Delco fluid and a deeper oil pan and Dip stick. It added approximately .8 quart more fluid.
80F26AF1-C107-4BA0-863C-51195B8B1DB7.jpeg

Attachments

• C14EE65C-CE32-4376-AA9B-A7ABE718AF70.jpg
    C14EE65C-CE32-4376-AA9B-A7ABE718AF70.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 7FF9F695-9FD2-4EB9-AA53-9BADB016FA6E.jpeg
    7FF9F695-9FD2-4EB9-AA53-9BADB016FA6E.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Also, forgot to add the front and rear diffs were serviced with 4.7 quarts of 75W-90 “synthetic” gear oil - Vavoline mostly but it was mixed in with a little Delo XDM. Transfer case got a fresh fill of Red Line MT-LV.

Just did a drain and refill on my 2016 Chrysler 200 with a ZF 9 speed transmission 10k miles ago.. Exactly a 1 gallon refill.

First transmission drain and refill at 120k miles..
After 10,000 miles its still running smooth..
Nock on wood!! LoL!!

I hear great things about Valvoline maxlife ATF

2008 Ford Ranger 3.0 111k mi.
Last changed at 70k
Out 4.5 qt. Carquest Mercon V (Amalie)
In 4.5 qt. Fram Mercon V (still Amalie)

I had a 20% off coupon, so same price as Walmart, $35 for 5 quarts. Fluid was brown, but not burned. Shifts are quiet and smooth, no hesitation. It wasn’t slipping, but I could tell I needed new fluid.

Mother in law's 03 Buick with the 4T65E and 160k miles.

Her husband is incapacitated so I was doing an oil change for her. During the test drive I noticed it had some hard 2-3 shifts but no money light or P1811 codes stored. I pulled the dipstick and saw some pretty dark fluid but it didn't smell too bad. I suctioned out the pan with a Mityvac and refilled with a can of Seafoam Transtune and whatever Dex IIIH I had in the stash. Mostly Chevron MD, I think.

After a month, I had her leave it with us and I did another fluid extraction and refilled with Maxlife. I drove it a few days and it was better, but I was still seeing some hard shifts and excessive shift times via scan tool. I ended up dropping the pan and installing the Transgo accumulator spring kit, along with some extra magnets, new filter, a third fluid fill(Maxlife) and a bottle of Lubegard red. This made a tremendous difference. Nice clean, firm shifts. No banging into into gear.
Good to hear,

Well the story didn't end well for that transmission. Grandma stopped driving and the car was passed down to my lead footed 17 yo son who blew it up in less than 20k miles later. One too many full throttle starts and it grenaded. I was NOT pleased. (n)
That's a shame. All I can say is, He'll Learn.

Back