post your latest transmission lubricant change.

12/26

00 Nissan Sentra 210K miles

Changed the oil and drain filled the atf for a second time in 5k miles, due to unknown maintenance history, with another gallon of ML

2006 Dodge Durango 103k miles (purchased used with 98k miles)

Dropped pan, changed both filters, added Transgo shift kit, cleaned magnet, sealed pan with black RTV.

Out: unknown (clean red fluid that smelled really bad)
In: 6.5 qts Castrol Transmax +4.

Also changed the Transfer case and power steering, as they use the same fluid. Looks like previous owner never changed these fluids.

Last edited:
2005 F250 -
out- mercon sp. in 8.5 qts mercon sp, changed both filters. new o-ring on bypass, reused pan gasket.
2009 Grand Caravan-
out- FF.
in, @4.75qts castrol atf+4. changed filter. new rubber gasket.

2004 expedition 5.4l 4x4 110,000

Out- 5 qts of factory fill Mercon V
IN- 4.5 qts of Havoline Mercon V and .5 qts of Lubriguard red and new wix trans filter.

Fluid looked great coming out and pan was clean. Magnet had minimal debris on it. Very happy about this!

2004 GMC 2500HD with LB7 Duramax and Allison automatic.
Dropped pan at 150,000, changed internal filter and external spin on filter, filled with Castrol Syntec which is the Allison factory recommended fluid.

The transmission pan on my 2007 Cobalt was seeping so I decided to swap the pan gasket. So far it's been leak free now.

Out: 6.9 quarts of Maxlife.
In: 6.5 quarts of Maxlife and a bottle of Lubegard Red.

Dropped the pan a couple of weeks ago, cleaned the magnet and pan, and installed a new filter and replaced the lost Mercon V. This 1995 Town Car had just begun to have a bit of torque converter shudder about a week before this service. Said shudder was 100% totally gone on the very next drive after service.

Today, I installed an additional filter using a remote oil filter bracket, and I drained out about 3 more quarts of fluid and replace them as well. The remote, spin-on filter is something I've always wanted to do, and I've made it very easy to remove the whole setup as I have a tendency to buy different Lincolns somewhat regularly.

Using Havoline Mercon V. Bought a case and will drain and fill a few more times with it.

Last edited:
2002 Buick Century - pan dropped and replaced with a Dorman pan with drain plug plus new Wix filter and refilled with about 7 quarts of Maxlife dex merc for now. Re used oem gasket no leaks!

2004 chevy Silverado Z71 dropped pan changed filter and gasket with ac Delco
Also changed front diff and rear diff 5 qts valvoline synpower 75w90
transfer case 2 qts ac delco autotrac 2
changed factory belts with Goodyear gator backs
Changed factory plugs with autolite xp irediums and wires with MSD
Radiator flush with 1.5 gal of autozone Dexcool mixed with 1 gal distiller water.

Out - factory fill at 76,260
In 5 3/4 maxlife dex/merc

Last edited:
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 2.0L EcoBoost AWD

7472 miles

Out: Factory Fill Mercon LV

In: Motorcraft Mercon LV

Trans side cover was leaking, so it was repaired under warranty.

91 mazda Miata 120000
Out - 2 qts unknown manual trans fluid
In - 2 qts redline mt-90
changed turret oil with 1/2 qt mt-90 rebuilt shifter mxracing bronze shift kit
Rear diff unknown out.
in valvoline synpower 75w90
Fram fuel filter and new hoses and clamps.
Radiator flush unknown in by garage that did timing belt and water pump all seals and hoses and belts.

2012 Honda Accord LX 5-speed auto. 58,078 miles total.

Drain and fill of Honda/Acura DW-1, third time in it's life. 10,080 miles since last change after buying the car. The MM code came up so I replaced the fluid to get on schedule.

Book says 2.6qts for service but mine needs over 3 to reach the hashmarks.

2013 Acura TL with 15,000 miles (200 miles into the drain/ fill)
Out: Honda DW1 (factory fill)
In: Honda DW1

1999 Chevrolet Silverado with 78,000 miles (2K miles into the drain/fill)
Out: Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic ATF
In: Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic ATF

Partial drain (DW-1) and fill with 3.5 qt Amsoil signature series ATF (Honda Z1 compliant) Will do another partial drain/fill soon.

Back