post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Drain and fill ATF for the Edge at 60K with Amsoil OE FE ATF. This is the third D-F (every 20k). Fluid came out pretty cloudy and brown, which was a bit surprising. I might have to move the next service up a bit.

Drain and fill ATF for the Edge at 60K with Amsoil OE FE ATF. This is the third D-F (every 20k). Fluid came out pretty cloudy and brown, which was a bit surprising. I might have to move the next service up a bit.
When out of warranty, will you up to their SS ATF? Never brown even with a 66k interval once on my Fit; though I've scaled that back to 40k.

Did this about 5 weeks ago but didn't know about this thread
2022 Subaru wrx 6MT front diff/transmission and rear diff fluids.

Out: OEM fluids 75w90 rear / 75w85 (I think is what they use)
In: OEM 75w90 rear and front

Some gunk on each magnetic drain bolt but the fluids did not smell bad and was pretty clean looking and not dark, as you can see on the rear diff draining.
Next time will prbably put Motul fluids. Planning on 20-25k mile intervals

Replaced all gaskets as well.
Screenshot_20240417_104505_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240417_104515_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240417_104611_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240417_104541_Gallery.jpg

2001 Chevy Blazer 4.3 Vortec 4x4 4L60E. The trans is the original trans that came with the car from the factory. I have the deep pan, not the shallow pan. Did the trans fluid change at 103k miles. Now I have 107k miles.

Out: Unknown automatic trans fluid. Fluid looked okay, not a lot of metal on the pan magnet.

In: Valvoline Maxlife ATF, with WIX trans filter. About 5 quarts to bring it to fill line on the dip stick.

Did everything and I took it for a test drive. But then, when I put it in drive, the car wouldn’t move at all. I got really scared not gonna lie. Turned out to be a Solenoid that went bad all of a sudden after the fluid change.

Had to drop the pan again and replace the B solenoid.

Filled it up with another 5 quarts, so I technically did a full flush, since the trans takes about 11-12 quarts. The transmission shifts amazing and drives great now. No issues.

2002 2500hd 6.0l LQ4
fully built 4l80e with 3200rpm triple disc converter.
3000 miles since rebuild

out/off: 4 gallons Valvoline synthetic Dexron VI, AC Delco pan filter and OG Fram Titanium FS8A external filter

in/on: 4 gallons HPL Blue ATF with AC Delco pan filter and OG Fram Tiranium FS8A external filter.

dropped the pan to clean out break in materials, changed the O-ring on the mag hytec pan dumped 3 gallons in then pulled the return cooler line of the transmission and started it cycling through all gear positions until the fluid coming out of the line was nice and blue. then topped off with the last gallon. shift feel is night and day different, we’ll see if it lasts unlike DEX III that shears quickly.

IMG_6692.jpeg

IMG_6693.jpeg

IMG_6690.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

IMG_6703.jpeg

IMG_6681.jpeg

IMG_6677.jpeg

2002 2500hd 6.0l LQ4
3000 miles since rebuild

out/off: 4 gallons Valvoline synthetic Dexron VI, AC Delco pan filter and OG Fram Titanium FS8A external filter

in/on: 4 gallons HPL Blue ATF with AC Delco pan filter and OG Fram Tiranium FS8A external filter.

dropped the pan to clean out break in materials, changed the O-ring on the mag hytec pan dumped 3 gallons in then pulled the return cooler line of the transmission and started it cycling through all gear positions until the fluid coming out of the line was nice and blue. then topped off with the last gallon. shift feel is night and day different, we’ll see if it lasts unlike DEX III that shears quickly.

View attachment 215054

View attachment 215056

View attachment 215057

View attachment 215058

View attachment 215059

View attachment 215061

View attachment 215062
Where do you have the external filter mounted?

buddy from work.
2020 silverado 1500 5.3/8L90 103k miles
103k miles in service

out/off: 6.5ish quarts ACDelco Dexron HP with ACDelco filter

in/on: 7 quarts quarts Mobil 1 Dexron HP with ACDelco filter

also installed superior shift solutions thermal bypass kit.

2002 2500hd 6.0l LQ4
3000 miles since rebuild

View attachment 215054

View attachment 215056

View attachment 215057

View attachment 215058

View attachment 215059

View attachment 215061

View attachment 215062
Is this a B&M remote filter setup?

just a generic filter base. plumbed it all in with -6AN lines. transmission out-> remote filter-> trucool 40k cooler-> back into transmission.
Very cool. So pardon my ignorance but could anyone run this on about any transmission? Or is there something unique in your 80e's pump? Or do you look for a filter that has a certain bypass PSI? Interested in this.

Very cool. So pardon my ignorance but could anyone run this on about any transmission? Or is there something unique in your 80e's pump? Or do you look for a filter that has a certain bypass PSI? Interested in this.
you could run this setup on just about any transmission. i would look for a low bypass pressure filter. i like the FL1A sized filters due to the size and amount of media. large surface area allows for a lot of fluid flow with low resistance.

2002 2500hd 6.0l LQ4
3000 miles since rebuild

View attachment 215057

You have a red alternator?

Complete drain & refill of 8HP70 on Aston Martin.

Removed pan, flushed out the mechatronic with low air pressure..

Also flushed the cooler lines and front mount cooler via thermostat removal.
1713882733960.jpg

Changed the pan to aluminum:
1713882771932.jpg

Drained a little over 9L OEM (LifeGuard 8) in total:
1713882854173.jpg

Refilled with HPL Green ATF, Cold Climate, a bit over 10L.

New pan cleared the rear metal undertray (it's a transaxle on this car), so all in all, a good job.

1713882957089.jpg

Last edited:
Complete drain & refill of 8HP70 on Aston Martin.
Drained a little over 9L OEM (LifeGuard 8) in total:
Refilled with HPL Green ATF, Cold Climate, a bit over 10L.
New pan cleared the rear metal undertray (it's a transaxle on this car), so all in all, a good job.
Nice work! I'll be doing the fluid in my 8hp in my BMW soon with HPL green. What metal pan did you use?

Back