Post pictures of your car's engine compartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my trusty 2003 Corolla S with 460,000km on the clock (285660 miles). She still uses no oil and not a rattle anywhere.
2003ToyotaCorolla.jpg

Originally Posted By: DC_Stewart
This is my trusty 2003 Corolla S with 460,000km on the clock (285660 miles). She still uses no oil and not a rattle anywhere.
2003ToyotaCorolla.jpg

Looking good!

My 2005 has only 159k miles on it and you are dong about 9,000 mile more a year than I.

I use about 1/2 a quart per 5k in my 1ZZFE since new. A little more if I use syn oil.

What oil do you use? OCI? Oil filters? Air filters how often?

Oh, also some members will call you a liar here since you have that much mileage on a 7 year old car (I know since I've been called on with less miles).

I'm hoping for 500k with mine. Thanks for posting!

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Wow, you do alot of driving in that car!
Almost 41,000 miles a year.

He has me beat by almost 10,000 miles!

Bill

I've run Mobil 1 5-30 with Toyota filters since new. I change every 10,000km (anout 6200 miles). I put in a K&N Air filter (I've used them for over 30 years) when new, and clean it every spring and fall.

I've run Mobil 1 5-30 with Toyota filters since new. I change every 10,000km (anout 6200 miles). I put in a K&N Air filter (I've used them for over 30 years) when new, and clean it every spring and fall.

Thanks for the reply!

I did 5,000 mile OCIs with mostly conventional for the first 60k miles and looking at the UOAs I bumped it up to 7-8k OCI with (again) mostly conventional. A lot of Supertech filters and others.

Mostly a buy it on sale and use it type of guy. My 2005 is just like new in operation. The paint not as much...

Take care, bill

2003ToyotaCorolla.jpg

Wow. You do a LOT of driving with that thing.

How far are you commuting daily?

If you can get that many miles with a K&N and no oil burning then I'm putting them back in my parents' cars. One of them is a Camry. Took them out from all the discussion here about how bad they are.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
And old car or truck is my guess.

I think I knew that.

I see 455, but I'm not familiar with older American cars.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Chevy 455? you need to study history a little more.

That looks like a '73ish Pontiac T/A with a Pontiac 455 to me

That would be my guess. mid 70s TransAm.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac

If you can get that many miles with a K&N and no oil burning then I'm putting them back in my parents' cars. One of them is a Camry. Took them out from all the discussion here about how bad they are.

I've run K&Ns in my last 6 vehicles and never ran less than 450,000km on a filter. The people who try to shoot them down have absolutely NO practical experience. I do, and I will run nothing else on any of my engines..

Originally Posted By: XCELERATIONRULES
To be continued...

iz252q.jpg

This is a Pontiac Trans-Am with a 455 Pontiac engine. Buick, Pontiac and Oldsmobile made 455s (All completely different engines) while Chevy made a 454 and, once again, a completely different engine.

Originally Posted By: XCELERATIONRULES
To be continued...

iz252q.jpg

This is a Pontiac Trans-Am with a 455 Pontiac engine. Buick, Pontiac and Oldsmobile made 455s (All completely different engines) while Chevy made a 454 and, once again, a completely different engine.

It's NOT JUST a 455 Pontiac Trans Am......I'm pretty sure that's a 'Super Duty' Trans Am!

I'd love to see that when it's done.....nice car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back