Positive Gearwrench warranty experience on 1/4 ratchet

Lately I've been buying Gearwrench ratchet's as I've needed replacements and have been liking them. The other day I was using the 1/4 swivel head (as a hammer) and broke the selector dial off of the back of it. Uploaded a picture of the damage and submitted a warranty claim on their website in just a min or two (no receipt) and in 3-4 days I had a new one in the mail. Really good customer service and a no questions asked lifetime warranty. Just wanted to share.

I had a positive experience with gear wrench as well. I sent back a metric ratcheting wrench ( prepaid by gear wrench ) years ago and received a new one in a few days.

Lately I've been buying Gearwrench ratchet's as I've needed replacements and have been liking them. The other day I was using the 1/4 swivel head (as a hammer) and broke the selector dial off of the back of it. Uploaded a picture of the damage and submitted a warranty claim on their website in just a min or two (no receipt) and in 3-4 days I had a new one in the mail. Really good customer service and a no questions asked lifetime warranty. Just wanted to share.
My mother would turn over in her grave if I made a warranty claim based on my misuse and abuse of an item. And then everyone gets to pay more to pay for it.

My mother would turn over in her grave if I made a warranty claim based on my misuse and abuse of an item. And then everyone gets to pay more to pay for it.
I was being a little dramatic for effect. There was something that needed a few light taps while I was in the middle of using the ratchet. I was not trying to drive a fence post with the thing, but yeah it didn't break while using the ratcheting function.. haha

I broke a Gearwrench ratcheting wrench torqueing down a big bolt and broke the ratcheting part. Called and sent a photo and a new one was sent in a few days. Now I'm kind of nervous putting excessive torque on a ratcheting wrench. No idea what they are rated for

I did the same thing…. Broke the ratcheting part… Don’t think it is meant for too much horse power being put on them things.

Ohh well. Win here lose there at times.

I had a set of combination wrenches from Gearwrench. I broke the ratcheting box end on all the wrenches 1/2" to 7/8". The smaller ones still work. They are weak. My cheap set of Husky all still work. I suppose I could have made warranty claims and gotten new replacements but didn't. Too much bother for an inferior tool.

I had a set of combination wrenches from Gearwrench. I broke the ratcheting box end on all the wrenches 1/2" to 7/8". The smaller ones still work. They are weak. My cheap set of Husky all still work. I suppose I could have made warranty claims and gotten new replacements but didn't. Too much bother for an inferior tool.
That has been my experience as well. I have two GW rachet/combo wrenches that the gears have stripped almost busting my knuckles and they were in NO way being abused. Just my hand force stripped them. Not very impressed for the price of the whole set I paid. I stopped using them but I might try to warranty them if its as easy as said above. I need replacement 10mm and 13mm wrenches. I currently use ICON wrenches in place of these GW's and so far they've been outstanding.

I had a GW 1/2 ratchet break on me a month ago, it was only lightly used a few times and I wasn’t using it in a hard way when it broke. The warranty process was easy and they had a new one on the way in short order. Good experience, well except for the fact that it broke…

Sold the replacement on Marketplace and ordered a Snap-On

Back