Please read... need help, new bike- big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell him you want an 08 for the same $$ or you are walking to the Honda dealer. Let him make the decision. You are statistically pre-disastered. The odds of that happening again are millions to 1.

Go check out the new Honda 1000RR. I bet you can get almost any liter bike for 10,600 as sales seem slow.

I just wish I was on my Harley racing you when that happened..
grin2.gif
I could be telling the story for years about how my FXD beat a GSXR so bad the guys motor blew out
20.gif

I think you were lucky, could have happened 2 days later. >G

good thing if you going to have that issue, right out the door is the best time.

As long as they didnt try and screw you in some way, give them another shot with another bike IMO

But yeh what you said in your original post sounded like a catastrophic failure, it would never be good as new IMO

Last edited:
I have been riding/track daying for over 20 years on all manufactures products.

Suzuki is solid product and hold up very well on the street as well as racing or doing track days.

What you got was a fluke.

Before you consider Kawasaki listen to this. I bought an 07 ZX-6R. Seems Kawi had a problem with cam and tappet causing them to fail. Many of the guys on the forums had their motors fail in under 600 miles. Kawi did not release a service bulletin or recall. I even took mine to 2 separate dealers both who stated there is no service bulletin or recall your bike is fine.

Needless to say it dropped a valve and kissed the piston at 300 miles.

Of all the bikes this happened to in the forums kawi did not replace the motors and kept many of us waiting over 2 month for new parts.

On the flip side I have a balancer seal leak on my 06 Gixxer 1000. Suzuki had one of their tech manager come in town to check it out and had my bike fixed including extending my warranty another year.

There will always be defects in products what really counts is will the manufacture stand behind their product.

Split the diff with the dealer on the '08, and get out and get some riding done. Life's too short to be hung up on a freak accident, and you want to do biz with a guy like that dealer that seems to be bending over backwards to make things right.

But hey, I have both suzuki's and Kaw's, so I don't care what you do... They're bothgood bikes.

The '08 1000rr is the ugliest thing I've seen. Wanted an '07 RR, but the best deal I found was $10500 out the door. I ended getting an '08 GSX-R1000 from the same dealer for the same price I got the '07. All black one. Love it so far. Thanks everyone for all your support.
And by the way, this thing has some of the weirdest maintenance schedules I've seenor heard of. I'll post some details soon.

Vlado 11 great story! glad things worked out for you. try to send some people over to that dealer ship and say you sent them if some one buys a bike you will have created a lot of good will between you and the owner who sounds like a real fine guy!

Originally Posted By: vlado11
And by the way, this thing has some of the weirdest maintenance schedules I've seenor heard of. I'll post some details soon.
is soon here now? any details yet?

Originally Posted By: vlado11
I ended getting an '08 GSX-R1000 from the same dealer for the same price I got the '07. All black one. Love it so far.

Good one, very nice.

Dont worrie about one bad apple tha you come accross. I had a K3 1L GSXR in when i worked in Germany it never missed a beat. I gave a hard break-in from the showroom on the Autobhan to the redline in every gear(well almost every gear). A friend of mine still has it in Germany and its comeing up to 100kkm running like a dream. But it was serviced very regularly.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
you're asking too soon! you know it takes more than 6 months to post that kind of stuff!
7 months plus so far,besides he's only going to post details.

Last edited:
I would buy a gixxer in a heartbeat. Constantly leads the pack in performance and technology. From everything I've read, it's typically the best all rounder.

I would ask them for a smoking deal on the same model of bike, just for your trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back