Pirelli P7 Cinturato A/S +

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my BIL/SIL got their new P7's installed at Walmart. The price for their P7's from Treadepot was $374 delivered in 225-60-16. Only a $70 instant rebate at checkout was the requirement. This price was still ~$20 better than the other online favorits. This was in February and before the super deal at ebay/DTD bargin that's going on now.

Bad experience at Walmart though! My BIL mentioned to the Tech that the tires are asymetrical(inside/outside).The installers mounted the tires with the "INSIDE" out & visa/versa on all four tires! My BIL/SIL complained to the W*M team and...supposedly the installer/tech took care of the matter by bring the car back into the bay(after waiting)...WRONG!

After waiting 3 hours at W*M, the tires still read "INSIDE" on the outside of the wheel. So, the Tech's got it wrong twice or they didn't really flip the tires & rebalance.

BIL/SIL are going to another Walmart to have this corrected but, they said that this is the last time they have tires installed at W*M.

Myself nor others in our circle(family/friends) have had this issue but, I have noticed differences at this particular since last June/July timeframe.

They and myself will be contacting Walmart to complain as, this Walmart store is a favorite tire installation shop of the group our circle for the last 10ish years. I have had 6 sets of 4 tires installed at this W*M myself and have introduced other as I was introduced to them by friends.

I will write a review on the P7's just from my short trip in their vehicle(even mounted incorrectly) and a longer more involved test drive with my families opinions as they put on more miles. Thus far though, my family and I, very impressed with the P7's.

This is a bit more of a complaint about W*M but, a review is certainly on it way
smile.gif

Clueless walmart techs..i wonder what school they went to..

I have the P7's on my car and think they're okay, im not blown away by them however for the price I think its a good value.

I had asymmetrical tires installed at local Walmart some years ago without a hitch. At that time I even had a plus zero (OEM 215/45-17 to 225/45-17) tire and they didn't give me any trouble.

It depends on local store(s), some are good and some are not.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Clueless walmart techs..i wonder what school they went to..

I have the P7's on my car and think they're okay, im not blown away by them however for the price I think its a good value.

The school of Tribal Knowledge. The blind leading the blind.

This is the same W*M that we frequent for our tire installations. There is a new team of Techs working here now. I posted a complaint to W*M online customer service and got a response yesterday afternoon while I was away.

She said that she'd call back and never did. I wait for another call from them.

So, the Walmart store manager contacted us along with their customer service rep and listened to our particular incident. They were up and down...SORRY! for your bad experience.

To make things right and not loose our business, W*M refunded my SIL/BIL all of their installation money & tax($73) and made the job correct by flipping the tires so that the asymetrical(inside/outside) read properly and doing another balance.

Everythins is now the way it's supposed to be and SIL/BIL are very happy.
These P7 are very smooth & quiet and track nicely. They went through this last NE winter storm(last week) without issue as the towns were closing roads and asking travelers to stay home. The P7 corner nicely, keep the vehicle stable and the steering is nice and crisp/very responsive without the rubbery feeling of the Mastercraft, Dunlop and Yokohama tires from their previous purchaces.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that customer service took care of them. I'm also glad to hear that the tires did well, since those exact same tires will be going on our Fusion in the fall. Thanks for the review!

Indeed! I wish I had more of a review but, my trip was to/from W*M. Rural driving to the Hiwy, then some bumpy(winter beaten) roads and some mild curves into the W*M parking lot and back home again.

I may purchace a set for myself/family next purchace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back